• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Toms S.I.K kit

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
I have been running Toms S.I.K kit for about a month now . I have owned numerous different set ups this year, Coil and Air ( 5 ) in search of a lightweight option that actually worked, This kit is very fluid and the valving Tom setup for my weight , my sled , and type of riding is outstanding . To be really honest i didn't think Fox air shocks could be anything close to other high end suspension , As with most cat owners the stock air shocks are SO horrible, it leaves you with a really negative feeling about air shocks as a whole . With the S.I.K kit , what stood out to me is how smooth and fluid these shocks are , right away you feel the difference. I also experienced something unexpectedly while riding last weekend . For the last month we have had great snow conditions , Last weekend it changed from 3 Feet of powder to 2 feet of SUPER SUPER heavy wet mashed potatoes snow , The kind of snow that if you get stuck 3 guys can't pull your sled out ,,, Only a shovel will get you out / Or an excavator LOL . This snow packed in every available spot on your sled .Right away i felt a change in the attitude of the sled with all the massive extra weight from the wet snow . I stopped and quickly made a air pressure change to the Evol and Main chamber rear skid shock , The air pressure / Spring rate change was outstanding. The ease of changing the air / spring rate and having the ability to have an incredible range of spring rates is the difference from having a ok day to being exactly dialed in on the hill , Something to think about is we dont always know conditions until we are riding them. And we all would rather ride our sleds dialed in every time, I had others in my riding group that day visually notice and comment how well my sled was working , I realized that this S.I.K set up from Toms has the ability to to fit a much broader spectrum of conditions than previous set ups i have ran, Due to the ease and flexibility found in this S.I.K. kit ... It was really exciting to be dialed in super fast and easy . If you have not rode this S.I.K set up find someone who has it and ride it . Its Awesome . Thank you Tom for making something Affordable that works outstanding at this price point. DSC_0074.jpg

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
The S.I.K kit comes with a New Fox Float 3 Center shock to replace the stock Fox zero pro coilover . The new center shock works Awesome
For the rear track shock Tom upgrades your existing Fox Float shock to a Float 3 , With a Kashima coated sleeve , Adds an Evol chamber , Bleed shim , piston and new valve specs . Its a basically a new shock as well .

Hopefully Tom will read this post and add some more info ,

The stock center shock really needs help on the cat , Toms Center shock is a much needed improvement over stock . I really like the ability to adjust the front track shock for conditions , On a super whooped out road or trail i run 45 psi , and in the powder i run 35 psi in ... And it only takes a minute to adjust the air / spring rate , And its the same ease of adjustment with the rear track shock .

Its a Awesome kit ..

http://www.shoptomssnowmobile.com/

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
I wish i had more up to date info on pricing for you guys ,The last i heard was Tom was having a sale on this particular center shock that fits this kit , So i don't know exactly where that puts the current S.I.K kit pricing.

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
The kit part number is T08-201-Kit, includes a complete rebuild on your back shock, as well as valve shim changes, and parts shown installed is on sale to 04/20/14 for $750.00 including shipping.
We should have this information on the website before this week end.

2014-04-03 08.16.26.jpg

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Toms

I do not have Tom's set up on my current sled but did run some shocks that he set up for me on my KK. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with anything that you get from him and that his customer service is first rate. Just great people to work with. I will also tell you that Tom doesn't just throw stuff out there that he is trying to make a buck on. His stuff is tested extensively and he is continuously trying to make a better product for the sledding community. I bought my current sled, a 2010 M8 turbo, with a couplled K-mod conversion on it and would go to Tom's suspension in a second if I had the coin.

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Not sure about the wheelie factor but hope I can give you an answer by the beginning of next year. With my current set up I find that it puts so much down force on the front end it really makes everything harder to do except climb hills. Going to this set up as soon as I sell my K-mod.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I just talked to Tom on the phone about this kit yesterday. Sounds like a winner. I'm going with the S.I.K. kit in the back and a revalve with evol chambers in the front. Prob $1000-1100 total cost. Should be on the snow with it the weekend after this. Interested to see how Tom's valving works. I hear nothing but good things from people. Have Raptors on past two sleds so spending 1/2 the amount and still having a quality shock setup would be sweet.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Curious as my sled does double duty (west/Midwest) riding. Will this kit take the abuse and adjust to some of the whooped out backcountry stuff MI has to offer? The stock shocks are very pogo stick if you get anywhere near the seat. 8 seconds on a bull might be less strain on my back and arms.

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
nosajlleb , One of the very first things that stood out to me about this kit was how fluid and compliant this set up was right out of the box , on and off the trail . With quick and easy air pressure / Spring rate change you really have the ability to dial the S.I.K kit in exactly to the conditions your riding . Tom really has a great understanding on how to set the shocks up in this kit for you . I have ran the S.I.K kit in various conditions , everything from three feet of powder to super super wet heavy snow , groomed trails to nasty whooped out trails , it works Awesome ...

I'm running Toms S.I.K kit in a couple feet of powder in this short video .

http://youtu.be/CqR0C-fTuQk

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Is there any current info on this kit and pricing? This sounds like nice cure for rear suspension. Can Tom re due the stock fronts as well with out having to layout some coin for the evols.

Thanks.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
For the S.I.K. kit in the rear, and a revalve + evol R upgrade in the fronts cost me $1086 shipped. I think he might have been having a sale going on for the S.I.K rear kit at the time for $750.

Last edited:

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Anybody talked to Tom in awhile? Ive been trying to call for over a week and keep getting there recording. I even left a message for them. Possible they are on a summer break?

Premium Features