For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
AllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custom KTM Shim sizes

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I had the valves replaced on my 2014 KTM 450sxf factory edition and added a custom cam from Daniel Crowther Racing. The standard shim sizes available are not thick enough for my motor and even the thickest ones don't bring me within spec on my valves.

I have searched around trying to figure out how to get some thicker shims and I can't seem to find anything. Maybe I need to have a machine shop make them?

Does anyone have any advice on where I could get these?

For Exhaust I need 2.18 and 2.25. If we cant get those exactly I would go smaller rather than bigger
For Intake I need 2.81 and 2.68. If we cant get those exactly I would go bigger rather than smaller

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Basic Member
AllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I called Daniel Crowther racing and they said they could make the shims. I tried to delete the thread but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:17 AM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHatNoCattle View Post
Actually I called Daniel Crowther racing and they said they could make the shims. I tried to delete the thread but I cannot figure out how to do it.
At least in my opinion it's worth leaving up. Others may run into the same issue.

'04 1M 1500 162" Challenger Extreme, M8 rear suspension, Custom jetting, clutching and gearing

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idcatman3 For This Useful Post:
AllHatNoCattle (06-08-2019), Wheel House Motorsports (06-07-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 AM
Currently: one ski and a KTM
CATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default shimmy

when i got my first KTM and went to set the valves, I realized KTM doesn't really make the shim necessary to shim to spec. But PRO X does. Use their shim kit and you have the inbetween shims you need that KTM doesn't.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Basic Member

Pro-X Also doesnt make shims quite big enough for what I needed.

Exhaust I need 2.18 and 2.25
Intake I need 2.81 and 2.68

The biggest Pro-x or any of those kits goes is 2.58

DCR made them for me and shipped them to my house. I just got them and have not put them in yet but I assume they are correct.