• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom KTM Shim sizes

A
Nov 14, 2017
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I had the valves replaced on my 2014 KTM 450sxf factory edition and added a custom cam from Daniel Crowther Racing. The standard shim sizes available are not thick enough for my motor and even the thickest ones don't bring me within spec on my valves.

I have searched around trying to figure out how to get some thicker shims and I can't seem to find anything. Maybe I need to have a machine shop make them?

Does anyone have any advice on where I could get these?

For Exhaust I need 2.18 and 2.25. If we cant get those exactly I would go smaller rather than bigger
For Intake I need 2.81 and 2.68. If we cant get those exactly I would go bigger rather than smaller

Thanks

A
Nov 14, 2017
Actually I called Daniel Crowther racing and they said they could make the shims. I tried to delete the thread but I cannot figure out how to do it.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
shimmy

when i got my first KTM and went to set the valves, I realized KTM doesn't really make the shim necessary to shim to spec. But PRO X does. Use their shim kit and you have the inbetween shims you need that KTM doesn't.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Pro-X Also doesnt make shims quite big enough for what I needed.

Exhaust I need 2.18 and 2.25
Intake I need 2.81 and 2.68

The biggest Pro-x or any of those kits goes is 2.58

DCR made them for me and shipped them to my house. I just got them and have not put them in yet but I assume they are correct.

Premium Features