• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Oil injection ratio adjustment question

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I have a 2012 proclimb with cutler stage 2 turbo extra injectors running 12 lbs I also have 2013 proclimb with boondocker inetercooled extra injectors running 12 lbs. Both sleds run amazing but 2012 uses 25% more oil than 13 and smokes a little more than I would expect it to after running at low rmp. So i was woundering if anyone can tell me how to check the ratio of the pump and how to adjust it or if anyone has seen this problem.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Easy to check the ratio, just fill it with fuel and oil then ride it until it's time for a fill. Use a measuring cup to fill the oil and do the math. Because of the stupid oil tank use a ruler and measure down from the opening and refill to the same level. You can adjust it by disconnecting one end of the rod and turning it. It is somewhere around 2 percent per turn but it is not exact so you need to go a little at a time and keep checking it. I would feel safer going oil delete and premix. Oil pump was made for the demands of a stock engine and when you spool a turbo up and the second set of injectors kick in you could thin the mix out too much.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Keep in mind, the oil pump has no idea you have extra injectors, it has no idea you're adding fuel... so while it may be heavy at low throttle, once you add 2x the fuel to the motor, the oil pump is adding oil as if you were a stock sled.

One of the biggest reasons that many of us delete.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Thanks for the help does anyone know what the factory ratio is set at?

Since it's a "dumb" lever that doesn't know what the ECU is doing, it will be different with many different sleds & will differ on the same sled at different elevations. Around here 28 seems to be the most common number we see, but I've seen everywhere from 22 to 35, never seen a stock one at less oil than that.

Premium Features