• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

156'' with 7 tooth drivers on 153 rails?

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
anyone done this?

will i have enough adjustment for the 156 or will i need to track down an offset axle?

my skid is slid back to the 14 position.

thanks!

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
bummer i was hoping to get away with not running an offset axle. it looks like avid makes one though if i need it.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It just depends on the sled. I have about 30% of the sleds that I do that work without the offset axle. You are using all or nearly all of your adjustment to achieve this. The offset axle solves the problem for the rest and even if you are close you can add the axle later if you get looser. I have been running my 800 for 2 years without and it has been fine, but I only have about 1 and 1/2 turns left for adjustment.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Will the X3 fit with stock drivers? They said it wouldn't fit on the Pro without a d&r origionaly, but I proved that wrong. Just looking to see if anyone has tried it.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It will fit, but you have to wedge the driveshaft in and the track is touching the front heat exchanger. I put one in back in 2012 and spent the next hour and half trying to get the driveshaft back out.

There are guys running them like this, but I would not recommend it.

P

Pandoras Box

Aug 1, 2011
Will the X3 fit with stock drivers? They said it wouldn't fit on the Pro without a d&r origionaly, but I proved that wrong. Just looking to see if anyone has tried it.

You also want some room for snow to evacuate from the tunnel. It may "fit" but ultimatly all that snow will slow down track speed.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Shoot me a PM. We have them in stock. Ill try to get them up on the website this weekend. For now you can call or email and Ill get you taken care of.

Premium Features