• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13/ 14 Proclimb Primary Clutch Shim

B
Oct 2, 2008
Meridian, Idaho
Have most of you with the 2013 / 2014 had to shim the primary to get the recommended .20 gap for belt placement. Seems like all of them I have checked are too tight creating the typical belt squeal when deflection is set correctly? Thoughts?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You don't shim for alignment. You shim for belt to sheave clearance. It should be .018" to .022" with your belt choice. As stated above the 911 cover gives you awesome adjustment, but if your clutch is too tight to start with, you still need to shim before installing the 911.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Had my 1100T primary shimmed and really liked the improve drivability around the trailer and at takeoffs with it. So I had the Prolite shimmed and the two stroke isn't as noticeable but seems a little snappier here in the flats, haven't been out West yet though. It justs gives the primary sheave more run at the belt so as not to slip as much, wheelies even better now.

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Ar you guys talking about the shim you can buy in the bikeman catalog? I cant find it on there online store or i would just post the link.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Ar you guys talking about the shim you can buy in the bikeman catalog? I cant find it on there online store or i would just post the link.

Dalton is who made the shim I put in but I don't remember what one the guru put in my primary.

Premium Features