• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

burning a DVD?

M

mtn.missle

Nov 11, 2012
Boise
so I finally stumbled through editing my first gopro footage on our new Imac w/Imovie and although we do not have IDvD I was able to burn it to a DVD, when it was done it said I would be able to watch it on a pc or my mac. I did'nt pay much attention to that & tried to play it in our blue-ray player but it would not play but would play on the computer. Any thoughts? Hopefully I will post it on here or youtube although it has been edited it is still 24 min long so I may have to cut it up?

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Reburn it and pay attention to any options to "finalize" or "close" the dvd session. This has to be done in order to play the dvd on other players besides the computer it was rendered on.

M

mtn.missle

Nov 11, 2012
Boise
finalize

Thanks zalez, I do remember not doing the finalizing step that's about the time my wife was try to help (interfere :face-icon-small-con) I'll try to fix it when I get back home, I wasn't sure our mac had dvd burning software installed but ? it did burn the dvd so itmust have.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
No problem, You definitely need to finalize the dvd :)

Premium Features