• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LEAKING FUEL

P
Jan 7, 2015
2013 IQR 600.

I have been out riding 4 times this year, and for some reason the last time i went into my garage to get the sled, there was a puddle of fuel under the bulkhead. I changed the gas tank in the fall but when I investigate where the fuel is leaking, I dont find any leaking lines or joints from the fuel pump back to the tank.

The fuel is coming from the carbs area. I took the bowls off of each carb and they were pretty clean and the floats worked fine. I took it for a ride and it was fine. I put it away and it wasnt leaking. i looked at it the next day and again a small puddle of fuel under the bulkhead.

The only thing i can think of is that the gas is leaking out of the bowls of the carbs, but im not sure why if the floats are working fine. again, the gas line from the fuel pump to the carbs looks fine.

Any ideas what is wrong?

I dont think it would be the reeds because when the engine is killed the fuel should go anywhere past the bowl of the carbs.

Premium Features