• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys part 3

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The big question is, who will be the first one to long track it. It was done when the Rush's first came out, I am sure someone will do it again.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
New master cylinder.

Watching the video, you'd think the Lesters were talking about a doo (they really like the doos). I hope poo finally has something to give doo a run in the trail segment, they've been chasing their tail lights on the trail since the rev. Real competition is good for all of us as buyers, trail or mountain. Poo certainly figured it out on the mountain after the 05-10 debacles.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think that the next RMK will be radically different from the PRO-X/AXYS sleds.

AXYS refers to the new suspension package for the Flatlanders...

I expect to see at least a 30 lb lighter sled in the next 2 years that is a pure boondocker and not a hill-shooter or trail sled too..... I believe strongly that the crew in Roseau will make a Boondocker that really is a poor trail sled and more of a "purpose built weapon" with a much more narrow focus.....more narrow in width and stance than current offerings.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I believe I see a latch/tab above the gauges. Built in goggle warmer like on the Doo's.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Looks like push pins hold the hood down like a rev hood. Are the side panels hold the hood down.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think that the next RMK will be radically different from the PRO-X/AXYS sleds.

AXYS refers to the new suspension package for the Flatlanders...

I expect to see at least a 30 lb lighter sled in the next 2 years that is a pure boondocker and not a hill-shooter or trail sled too..... I believe strongly that the crew in Roseau will make a Boondocker that really is a poor trail sled and more of a "purpose built weapon" with a much more narrow focus.....more narrow in width and stance than current offerings.

30lb lighter would run u about $20k-$23k retail if u still want 11.5 gallons of gas. I'm thinkin' more on the line of X lbs lighter and u still get to pay more. :)

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
For more than a year now I've been hearing from a Polaris pro hill climber that there is a prototype chassis running around out there that is sub 400. It'd be nice if they got done testing it and it made it to the production floor.

Maybe MH is right - but I bet we don't see it this year since so far there's no push from the other manufacturers for Polaris to change their current offering. They will probably spend this year recouping more of their investment from the Pro chassis. Guess we'll find out Monday.

LED headlight, re-designed hood, more power from the 800, a few gadgets and some BNG. No new chassis, no new motor - not yet.

That's my prediction.

What's really funny is that if MH is right and Polaris comes out with a pure boondocker sled there will be all kinds of people coming on here and complaining about how poor it handles on the trail, how easy it gets hot when on the trail, etc. ! Because everyone will buy one but most people (myself included) don't actually purely boondock! If truth be told a lot of us would be better off riding a switchback!! LOL - and none of us will admit it!

Premium Features