• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you remove bushings

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Don't know if this has been asked before? I am trying to remove the lower A arm spindle bushings, but they seem to be connected since one turns and the other moves right with it! Are they threaded together, or just pressed fit together? Does anyone make a delrin/aluminum bushing to replace with?

Thanks Mike

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
They don't press together but they rust up over time and you need to grab each side with pliers and kinda twist them out. Their is a small steel tube in between them that acts as a spacer.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
when I have any of the suspension shafts and bolts out I always grease everything before I put it back together. Kind of messy but it makes it much easier to get apart the next time.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Yes, and with a coat of dry moly to start, then moly grease. I am now trying tungsten disulfide powder mixed with alcohol then apply with brush. Next up will be Boron nitride spray on a few sliding components for an experiment. Thanks again Mike

M
Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC Canada
bushing

bparks on here makes plastic bushing for them. I put a little wheel bearing grease on mine every year. Been in for a least 5 years now and front end is still nice and tight.

Premium Features