• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom King Cat w/ pics

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I built this King Cat last season, never did finish due to lack of snow!
What I have left.... Exhaust, seat, rear suspension brackets, maybe a 975 big bore.

One of my ???'s is does the rear suspension look correct? I was never able to tale measurements of a 162 M series w/ a float skid, the only thing that was available to me was a 07 153 M series w/ torsion springs. I pretty sure they mount the same?

The other thing that concerns me is that I rolled the chain case and all the suspension holes should have moved back 1.5" the front of the skid ended up back in the stock hole? but it works with the measurements that I took off the 07 M Series! the same for the rear. The skid is flat with the ground,(its pointing down hill).

photo.jpg photo(5).jpg photo(4).jpg photo(3).jpg photo(2).jpg photo(1).jpg

Last edited:

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
you dont have pics up, the M skid is a bit narrower than the 1M which will require the use of spacers, same as if you went with a 2007 162 skid. The 07 skid you have is actually a little heavier and weaker in the rails than my 2010 float skid that I you had inquired about.

The drop and roll won't change you're mounting positions for you skid, unless you do a set back because your drivers tap your rail tips.

You're going to like that M skid under that pig

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Love the way that M skid looks under there. Makes the stance look more aggressive in my eyes. Great work.

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
No its a 2010 take out skid purchased from Kmod, I took the mounting measurements off a 2007.

Thanks, Hope to finish it in the next few weeks just the last of the parts today!

B
Nov 17, 2008
Never ever start using spacers in an effort to bush-out a dimension you'll pay the price later. We've done tons of these converts a few years back and all that was needed was to use the 1M front arm and kink up the rails in a press (cold) right under the front bottom out pad about 5 degrees to keep from stabbing if you like a loose track. Only adjust the rear mount to modify the horizontal attitude of the rail. Rear axle up nice boondocker, rear axle down sweet climber, rails flat all around performance. All of this is proportionate to the approach angle and ski pressure of course.

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks, I will compare a 1M arm to see how close they are.
I think it's about flat, I built this with boondocking in mind, I am re doing the rear drop bracket so I will keep this in mind!

Premium Features