• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running AAftermarket Bar setup on their Ms, would love to see Picts.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
Looking at going with the RSI setup on my M7, lower mounting point than the later M setup, so I was thinkning of going with a 8" riser and the Backcountry bend bars, this I think would give a comparable stock height of adding a equilvlent 4" riser block, any suggestions/Picts of setups. Thnx

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Here is a crappy cell phone picture of the bar setup I put on the other day. I haven't had time to put the grips or any of the controls on, but I will soon. Don't mind my messy shop!

M7.jpg

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Looking at going with the RSI setup on my M7, lower mounting point than the later M setup, so I was thinkning of going with a 8" riser and the Backcountry bend bars, this I think would give a comparable stock height of adding a equilvlent 4" riser block, any suggestions/Picts of setups. Thnx

I have the same setup ordered for my M1K, I should be getting it sometime this week. As far as height goes I don't know how its going to add up, I am thinking that the 8" riser is going to require a break line extention if you stick with the stock mounting height. I broke my post last season so I am going to cut it in half and put another piece of pipe inside of the post and probably cut the post down a little while I am at it so I don't have to extend my brake line.

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
It will definitely require an extended brake line. I haven't put in the motor and carbs yet so I don't know if I'll need a throttle cable extension. I'll post a picture when I get it all done.

B
Jan 20, 2009
Just go to your local autoparts store and get an extended brake like for a car, they're the same thing and cost wwayy less

Premium Features