• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stainless steel rivets that CR Racing uses?

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Does anyone know what kind of Stainless steel rivets CR Racing uses for building/installing their tunnels. What brand and where to get them?
Ran out of rivets installing my tunnel.

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
heh t-nitro,,i had some from him last year and they are some stupid high tensile rivets,,dunno where he got them but i had to find more also,,soo i went to the fastener shop here in town,,dunno if you can find something similar in your area but,,i brought them one,, and the guys there had a good idea of the strength. i got a bag of 100 for like 33$ and they were just as hard to pop as chads,,i use a 24" sissor style rivet gun to pop them,,nothing else in my arsenal would even come close. Since then i've been using blind rivets which requires a dead blow on one side and a tip installed in my air hammer,,,those things are the gear and they look great,,anyhoo hope this helps,,I'm gonna ask chad at the sled show where he gets them thoo

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Hey you can try a place called Accufast (17804367400) I think they are located in or around edmonton they sell aircraft pop rivets they should be able to help you out. Or you should bug Chad to see what he actually uses!!

Last edited:

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Ya Accufast on Calgary trail... Exact same rivets for a fraction of the CR price!!

Does anyone know what kind of Stainless steel rivets CR Racing uses for building/installing their tunnels. What brand and where to get them?
Ran out of rivets installing my tunnel.

Not sure what brand Chad uses, but I use the stainless/stainless Vari-Grip rivets and purchase them from Mattic Industries in Calgary - (403)219-0600

They aren't cheap, but they're the best:D:beer;:beer;

K
Oct 2, 2008
If you have to order them anyways, call Chad, he'll send you some. If you bought your tunnel from him, I highly doubt he'd even charge you for them. If you have to wait anyways.....

Premium Features