For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Performance/Modified Discuss modifications for your sled

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Currently: Not set.
Yamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished road
Default Turbo kit for a Mountain Max / Viper ..?

Hi,

Have there been a T-kit for these sled available in the U.S?
I have a friend who says so, and I have trouble believing him..

I only now of a kit for the Twin...

It suppose to be a AERO built kit..

Plz let me know!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Basic Member
Flit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond reputeFlit8.0 has a reputation beyond repute

Get ahold of DISCO on here. I believe that he rean one a few years ago.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Currently: There's NOTHING free or basic about me
Basic Member
Beels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother.

If you really have the turbo flu, buy something fuel injected like a M7 and build off of that. Save yourself a ton of headaches.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Currently: Boost-it!!!
Zipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond reputeZipperno has a reputation beyond repute

If you know a little about tuning carbs it isnt really that hard. With powerjets its actually pretty easy..... After you have setup the basics you pretty much only adjust the powerjets for each ride. Not hard at all.....

//Tom

Old 01-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Basic Member
Beels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipperno View Post
If you know a little about tuning carbs it isnt really that hard. With powerjets its actually pretty easy..... After you have setup the basics you pretty much only adjust the powerjets for each ride. Not hard at all.....

//Tom
I'm well aware of that. Seeing there is no "kit" available for this application, it's 2 strikes against it in my mind. F-Bomb always said it best about carbed 2 stroke turbos. Something along the lines of "when you're ready to light $100 bills on fire infront of your face, you're ready for one"

Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Currently: Moved Into Maximum Security Cell
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Something along the lines of "when you're ready to light $100 bills on fire infront of your face, you're ready for one"
Hate to disagree with F-Bomb but it is far from the truth beels... I can prove it to you over, over, over and over again. I can give you a list of guys that would probably rather have a carb than EFI.

Zipperno is on the right track with the carb...

One of the guys we ride with has a Viper with a turbo. Twister built it, maybe PM him and see if he would build a carbon copy. It had an Aero, but now it has an Evo....

Last edited by Spaarky; 01-22-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Basic Member

Put it this way Justin, would you build one on a Yamaha 2 stroke?

And this is coming from a guy that's rode Yamahas for a long time.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Yamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished roadYamaha_nisse is on a distinguished road

Why can't u stick to subject...? I have NOT asked something to build a kit to my MM...................

Just _IF_ there _HAVE_ been a kit _FOR SALE_ in U.S a couple of years ago?!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Basic Member
powpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to beholdpowpow is a splendid one to behold

I have nevre seen one built for a triple, only for a twin

700 yammies have an issue with case volume and short stroke. I think that is why there are no kits to turbo a 700 triple

I have a 700 mm,,,,I like mine just the way it is....benders, airbox mod, reed spacers, clutching and lightened up,,,,,,and I hardly ever have to work on it!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Basic Member