• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Yamaha Sled Reveal - Speculation thread (UPDATED)

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Have a look in the Doo section. Looks like Christopher is in the market for 2017 Doo's

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Rumors is saying, a brand new chassi and the most powerful engine until now :eyebrows: Have you heard anything @Christopher?
NOT EVEN A WHISPER about it....

Would love to know more about your Rumor....

And yes, I am probably going to order my first 2 stroke sled.
Which will likely be the new 2017 XM Doo.

I need more sleds in my inventory and its time for me to own a 2 stroke as well as a pile of 4 strokes.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Whatever became of the cross-plane motors Yami had. I had an article of one about 240 hp out of the box:face-icon-small-con

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why doo??
I am down on sled inventory right now and need to add a few more to my corral.

The guys at the office have seen/ridden the new doo and just smile "That Smile" at me when I ask them about it. Whatever it is that Doo is about to release is something pretty sweet.

I have never owned a 2 stroke, and in my opinion the E-Tec is hands down the best 2 stroke motor on the market. So my plan right now is to pick up 2 2017 Summit X sleds to add to my corral bringing me back up to 5 sleds for next winter.

Racin Station still has the Viper but told me today he thinks he finally may have nailed down a long standing very elusive bug that we have been chasing. Hopefully he will take her out for a long hard rip on Friday and pronounce her ready to Rock and Roll! This has been the absolute WORST sledding season of my entire life. I have exactly ONE RIDE so far this season and that was on my 2 backup Phazers that I use to take our "Never-Ever" riders for into to sledding rides.

Its been PURE HELL.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I am down on sled inventory right now and need to add a few more to my corral.

The guys at the office have seen/ridden the new doo and just smile "That Smile" at me when I ask them about it. Whatever it is that Doo is about to release is something pretty sweet.

I have never owned a 2 stroke, and in my opinion the E-Tec is hands down the best 2 stroke motor on the market. So my plan right now is to pick up 2 2017 Summit X sleds to add to my corral bringing me back up to 5 sleds for next winter.

I'm hearing rumors of both new motor AND new narrow chassis from DOO for '17. This is coming from people that have both seen and rode them. Cant wait to see what comes of this next gen!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm hearing rumors of both new motor AND new narrow chassis from DOO for '17. This is coming from people that have both seen and rode them. Cant wait to see what comes of this next gen!
We will all know soon enough now.:face-icon-small-hap

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
My SC Nytro is my designated trail sled now. I've rode only Yamaha in my life or for the past 24 years. But that streak came to an end yesterday. I bought a 16 Summit with the 800 ETEC. 60 miles worth of smiles even in break in mode. It's light, powerful, and much more agile. Best part only Mods are a skid plate and some extra braces for the front end.

I do hope Yamaha brings something out worthy for 17, but I'll be on Doo for a few seasons.

My thoughts on this topic. Wouldn't all manufacturers of showed their 2017 stuff by now? But the only "good" thing we hear is about Doo. Why? (Remember the Viper hype?)

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
what about that article that was posted a while back on the home page about yammi getting a new CEO or something that was wanting to completely revamp their sled line and blow everyone out of the water by 2017? The same link said that they were going to get more serious in the SxS game and that came true so......

The thought of a doo makes me puke in my mouth a little!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
what about that article that was posted a while back on the home page about yammi getting a new CEO or something that was wanting to completely revamp their sled line and blow everyone out of the water by 2017? The same link said that they were going to get more serious in the SxS game and that came true so......

The thought of a doo makes me puke in my mouth a little!
if you can find it, I would like to review it.
New CEO?
Completely Revamp the Sled Line?
Blow everyone out of the water?

You thinking of the one from several years back talking about how they would have a new engines coming online?

R
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone else remenber reading that Yamaha was going to bring a number of new engines to their snowmobile line up? It was around the same time their new 700 twin and 850 triple bike engines dropped.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I used to bleed team blue also but not for a while. I wish them well but will wait before I give them my money. Talk is cheap let's see something already. There was more to the cat partnership than there letting on. It's a coincidence that the Viking comes to full production and sold in North America.

Premium Features