• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipes for big-bore XCR??

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I have a 1029 Price performance engine that I love and a 151" M-10 with CR rails, M-valving and Ti springs...

Currently these parts reside in a Gen 2, but I am contemplating an IQr/rr build.

Looking for any and all advice on pipes. Who has a good kit? Crank Shop? Is it a lost cause to try and re-weld my current pipes for Wedge + Gen 2?

Thanks.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
I have a 1029 Price performance engine that I love and a 151" M-10 with CR rails, M-valving and Ti springs...

Currently these parts reside in a Gen 2, but I am contemplating an IQr/rr build.

Looking for any and all advice on pipes. Who has a good kit? Crank Shop? Is it a lost cause to try and re-weld my current pipes for Wedge + Gen 2?

Thanks.

Not sure the length or girth of the pipes you have, but i managed to fit a BB ultra engine into a IQ RMK with minimal modifications to the pipes. They were PSI pipes for the 800 ultra big bore. I removed the integral silencers and welded up stingers and a single can. Seemed to work as well as before the change. Granted the IQR hood and bellypan are a bit shorter fatter and i believe a little taller, but i think this would be an advantage in pipe fitment.

Here is a link to my thread: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307297

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Not sure the length or girth of the pipes you have, but i managed to fit a BB ultra engine into a IQ RMK with minimal modifications to the pipes. They were PSI pipes for the 800 ultra big bore. I removed the integral silencers and welded up stingers and a single can. Seemed to work as well as before the change. Granted the IQR hood and bellypan are a bit shorter fatter and i believe a little taller, but i think this would be an advantage in pipe fitment.

Here is a link to my thread: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307297

Thanks Mike,

Saw your build and liked it. You can apreciate why I'm contemplating this.:face-icon-small-hap

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Sounds like a good summer welding project to me. I think it is typical to modify the steering post pyramid frame on the right front post to clear triple pipes. They wanted to heat and bend mine for the twin pipes I had built but I am an aggresive rider so I said no and made 'em work for it. CPI custom built mine for $860 which I thought was a really good deal, BUT, I did have to drive to Utah to have this done as they built 'em in chassis. Wonder if anyone else runs that engine in the IQr chassis. :devil:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
As long as the Gen II pipes are not ceramic coated, it is fairly easy to refit the pipes to the new chassis, IMO.

If they are ceramic coated they will fight you all the way, even if you could get most of it off, and still look like sh1t, but then I am a welder by trade and have very high standards. To put it into perspective; Most of the mass produced stuff would never make it past my trash can.

For your sake I hope they are just black high temp paint or raw. If so game on.

If you were on this side of the pond, I'd offer my services, a couple days of well thought out cuts and welds and you are in business. I would start from scratch if they are ceramic coated.

My two cents

Premium Features