• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Improve on ProMountain, Nytro, Apex skids

Z

zoombyu

Jan 13, 2009
North Dakota
Installed Hartman tunnel extension a while back. May try to use lower hole on drop brackets and take out homemade extension. I found out why it was bottoming out so much. Rear shock is toast. Have a Works shock on the way from Hartman. Ride should be much better when it gets put in. Rode the 144" last night in about 6" of new snow. Ended up with about 9" of light fluffy stuff. I sure missed the riser that I have on this sled. Hurry up and get here shock!!!

Z

zoombyu

Jan 13, 2009
North Dakota
Got shock in. Fast shipping from Hartman and FedEx. Put big wheel kit back on. Temporary drop bracket may become permanent. Hartman does not move rear cooler back anymore, and with big wheel kit on, track is too close to rear cooler for comfort.

Z

zoombyu

Jan 13, 2009
North Dakota
Rode Skalkaho and Buck Ridge in Montana last week. Ride is better with new rear shock. I still feel the spring is to weak. Set on hard position and still have more sag than I would like. I realize that the rear of the suspension is lower thus more pressure is on the rear when sitting, which equals more sag and less transfer available. Front limiter is set out as far as I dare, so the shock will not over extend. Wish more would chime in about there experiences. Beginning to think a Cat skid or other aftermarket skid would be a better choice, but more work and dollars would be spent. Newer Nytro float skid might also be an option. I also my be gearing down as recommended by Tom Hartman, for additional track length.

Premium Features