• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help on KK grease/lubricants

Jul 22, 2009
I'm trying to save a few bucks this year and do most of my sled work on my own; I like learning all of the ins and outs of them too. I've already changed my chaincase oil and coolant.

Next step is greasing all of the necessary parts. Looking for any input as to critical parts I should be greasing. I know the jackshaft bearing and speedo bearing are 2 critical ones. What other areas am I missing?

Also, what grease should I be using for each area? Sled is an 05 KK EFI.

S
Sep 16, 2010
Don't forget the obvious grease points in the rear suspension and the front spindles

Any quality automotive grease will work, however if you're using the grease solely for the sled try and pick up some low temp stuff. The stuff that's formulated for sleds is advertised as such so just check out the grease area in the auto store. Pick a brand you trust and you're off to the races.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I used some type of synthetic last year. Seamed to work great. I think it was Valvoline synthetic grease.

Premium Features