• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightning Up A Yamaha Mountain Max

C
May 20, 2009
hey so this is what im getting or thinking if getting new skid same length 141 new front suspension lightweight hood and boss seat im thinking that will get me down to say 460pounds and how about speedeo i unhooked it it seemed not to make that much of a differensce in performance so can u take it right out or does it calibrate something for the engine

R
Dec 1, 2007
hey so this is what im getting or thinking if getting new skid same length 141 new front suspension lightweight hood and boss seat im thinking that will get me down to say 460pounds and how about speedeo i unhooked it it seemed not to make that much of a differensce in performance so can u take it right out or does it calibrate something for the engine

I don't know how easy it will be to find a 141 skid from any other brand, I would swap tracks as well, and go with a better track, that is lighter as well(considering you are still running the stock track). Just take the speedo right out, alot of my friends have done it, take the cable out all the way to the shaft. You can lose the hood hinges as well, and just go with the rubber hood straps.

C
May 20, 2009
ya so like a skid from mountain performance i think except its all lightweight and exactly the same as stock and when u take the speedo out do u have to take the lights for the signals like low oil and water temp light and hi beam????

Y

yamaha3

Sep 30, 2009
Spearfish, SD
got a guy trading me for a boss seat just for my stock one..its just a boss standard so it looks the same as stock just lighter.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Could not agree more - 136 extra lite skid and put a 144 x 16 ski doo track on it - you will not need extensions just mount the skid back a bit from stock. Weight transfer is great.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
goin lite

when you ditch the speedo and cable you shave 5 lbs. All those warning lights can be remounted, i cut up my casing for the speedo and remounted them up by my hand warmer switch.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
gauges

Here is a pic, not sure i would do this again. you can see it when you sit and ride , but i stand 95%. do you really need a low oil or high beam indicator, you better top your oil off before you go. i thought about mounting a temp gauge there. Part of the reason i moved stuff, was i wanted less stuff on the hood. Im running a BR Tech thrasher and only thing on it is a tach. I got rid of wires running up to front of belly pan, and moved the ones from under motor. Now i can take hood off to the side easier. I might just angle that gauge pod up.

100_1904.jpg

Last edited:
M
Mar 13, 2009
St mary's IA
Where' the engine in that sled??

Here is a pic, not sure i would do this again. you can see it when you sit and ride , but i stand 95%. do you really need a low oil or high beam indicator, you better top your oil off before you go. i thought about mounting a temp gauge there. Part of the reason i moved stuff, was i wanted less stuff on the hood. Im running a BR Tech thrasher and only thing on it is a tach. I got rid of wires running up to front of belly pan, and moved the ones from under motor. Now i can take hood off to the side easier. I might just angle that gauge pod up.

View attachment 96703

Off the subject but NES where is your motor???

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
its all about the weight

I thought i would pull motor out and try a goped motor because its lighter. will keep you posted and have picture soon of my mountain goped mod.

100_1893.jpg

Premium Features