• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any axys silber kits on the snow yet?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Sounds clean and crisp... what happened at :50 ?

Don't know if it's the microphone on the camera or the sled. But there are several spots in the video that sound like a high rev Sputter. Kind of sounds like a rev limiter but It doesn't sound like the rpms are high enough when i hear it to be that.....

Last edited:

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
How are the stock skids holding up to the power this new kit is providing? Is it even possible or is upgrading the rear suspension inevitable? 155-163" make a big difference control wise? Awesome videos guys. Excited and jealous watching you all enjoy silbers new kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
How are the stock skids holding up to the power this new kit is providing? Is it even possible or is upgrading the rear suspension inevitable? 155-163" make a big difference control wise? Awesome videos guys. Excited and jealous watching you all enjoy silbers new kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most guys I know running them are running basically stock rear suspensions...the throttle response on the kits are as good as stock machines so you can feather the "go" flipper and not have to be balls open the whole time making the sled want to wheelie everywhere. It's about how you ride it man...stock sled parts are fine with the extra power!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Most guys I know running them are running basically stock rear suspensions...the throttle response on the kits are as good as stock machines so you can feather the "go" flipper and not have to be balls open the whole time making the sled want to wheelie everywhere. It's about how you ride it man...stock sled parts are fine with the extra power!

I'll be adding a KISS coupler. Its not that the power isn't usable, its just that I'm giving up so much control and usable power by not having the *option* to couple the skid...

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I'll be adding a KISS coupler. Its not that the power isn't usable, its just that I'm giving up so much control and usable power by not having the *option* to couple the skid...

I will most likely try one as well. There is a lot of ski lift which is fun and usable for most riding but when you want to climb something steep more ski pressure would be nice.

My Pro chassis with a Exit X1 rear shock did not have this issue.

Both 3" tracks
Both 162 tracks
Both Silber Boosted
Pro 7-10 Pounds
Axys 5-7 Pounds
Pro Rear Exit X1 shock
Zxys Rear WE Clicker shock

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I putting on one of the Skinz ARC systems. Sled is way usable with the stock skid, but as it was mentioned before, I feel that Im leaving a fair amount of up hill go on the table. The sled is a wheelie monster right now. Ill report back after the ARC is installed with some ride time.

Again Im WAY impressed with the Axys Kit! So crisp!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
What track speeds you guys seeing? I've only logged one pull in heavyish snow (not super deep) and I was seeing around 46MPH...though my ground speed wasn't slow)

2.6" 163"
Silber kit @ 5psi
8400ish RPM

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I run the kmod/kmotion/raptor, awesome setup. I don't run a turbo but it has plenty to handle one. I only use coupling position 1&2, 3&4 would work great for a turbo.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Am I correct in describing it as providing the couple to keep ski pressure while the 4 degree pivot allows it to handle similarly to a stock skid allowing transition from side to side without feeling so planted under a couple? Thinking this may be a better option than arc with a turbo 155 application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
The kmotion was designed because people asked for it (think tmotion or pro motion), It isn't really needed. Saying that, it seems to work well. I don't even know it's there other than easier transition (it does have a quick lockout feature if one doesn't want to use it or wants to compare back and forth). The coupling helps to keep the front end down, preventing wheelies while climbing. I am sure Kevin at kmod can explain it better than I can though.

Coupling is not new, all flatland sleds are coupled skids. Coupled mountain skids were originally designed for turbo mountain sleds to help maintain control of the front end.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
In stock sled form I'm certainly not concerned about maneuverability on the axys. If this kit runs as well as advertised it may need to be coupled to keep the front down but don't want to loose handling to control ski lift. If k motion works while coupled it may be a perfect combination at a very competitive price.

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just got back from Revy. Ran the skinz arc with 40 psi in the skinz fox shock. Still had crazy ski lift and never noticed a lot of difference on any of the 3 settings. Ran the arc on my 15 Silber pro last year but ran 100 psi in the shock and it worked well keeping the front down. Dropped to 40 psi on the axys as per skinz recommendation that came from burandt. I wasn't impressed and will be trying closer to 100 psi next trip, hopefully I can get the same results as I did on my pro. Boost on both sleds was 7 psi.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
May speak of how well the new kit performs. How did it run day to day? Thanks for the report. Would appreciate hearing what changes you see with psi increase. Less ski lift, handling changes especially quick directional camber throttle movements. How was the snow?

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Snow was great. Waist deep powder. Won't be able to test the higher pressure until the next trip in a few weeks. The Silber axys turbo absolutely rips. Wicked throttle response and never a hiccup in 3 days of riding. Justin and his crew hit a home run with this axys setup. Way to go guys.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Snow was great. Waist deep powder. Won't be able to test the higher pressure until the next trip in a few weeks. The Silber axys turbo absolutely rips. Wicked throttle response and never a hiccup in 3 days of riding. Justin and his crew hit a home run with this axys setup. Way to go guys.

Sounds like between the boondocker and the silber (if you got your kit) very good results. Awesome to see good hp out of some lower priced kits

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I putting on one of the Skinz ARC systems. Sled is way usable with the stock skid, but as it was mentioned before, I feel that Im leaving a fair amount of up hill go on the table. The sled is a wheelie monster right now. Ill report back after the ARC is installed with some ride time.

Again Im WAY impressed with the Axys Kit! So crisp!

Tried the ARC at 100 psi and it definitely helped with the ski lift, however still on long pulls it would gradually pick the front end up. Skinz recommends maxing at 100 psi, but I ran my turbo pro's arc at 120. So I'm going to try at little more pressure. Mountain bikes with this type of shock run significantly higher pressures so we'll see?

I like the on the fly adjustability that it gives, as I can have the skid soft for technical side hilling in tight trees, then burst out into an open face climb and lock the rear up for the hill climb. It's better just didn't make the difference I saw with my turbo pro with the arc system. With that said this new turbo is WAY stronger than my previous Pro kit. I'm going to tinker with pressures and see if that helps.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
What track speeds you guys seeing? I've only logged one pull in heavyish snow (not super deep) and I was seeing around 46MPH...though my ground speed wasn't slow)

2.6" 163"
Silber kit @ 5psi
8400ish RPM

You should be seeing a lot more speed than that. Stock sleds are pulling in that area. Something sounds wrong

Premium Features