• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo not starting after running

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
I just suggested the Boyesens because they sell just the superstock reed petals, while Polaris makes you buy the entire cage which is of course quite a bit more spendy.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Double check the connections in the little bag above the clutch cover. I saw the same problem on a 12 that we traced back to a loose plug in connection in that bundle.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
make sure your throttle pull is at 0 at idle and 100 percent at wot. i have the bullydog upgrade and mine would not start without help from throttle when i installed it. it would die out by itself. was able to use the bd display and a battery to confirm that with throttle not being touched, the ecm was reading 15 percent throttle pull and was putting sled into a safety mode not allowing me to start it. adjusted it and then it worked fine after that. just something to try.

cheers.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
hmm that's a good question. I would imagine without the bully dog display you would need to plug into the digital wrench with a laptop. this is done at a dealer unless you have the software. if you end up bringing it in they can check for codes and adjust TPS if needed. That s a good feature of the bullydog is being able to check these things on your own without bringing it to a dealer and paying for it. but I would definitely check the throttle pull to eliminate that. If the ECM picks up any percent of throttle application it puts it into a safety ode so that sled does not run away from you.

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Interesting. I do not have the bullydog, just the dobeck. Would I have to take it to a dealer to check this then? It did not have this problem before the turbo btw.

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Well, took the sled up on the mountain today. Ran great, just made sure to let it idle for at least 15 sec or so before shutting it off. Usually started right up after doing that. Once or twice I had to open up the throttle for it to start. Idles fine right where it should. Still probably going to order reeds

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
The motor itself has 300 miles on it, today was the first day with the turbo, didn't happen to look at how many miles I put on today but rode for about 3.5 to 4 hours.

The chassis has 1800 miles on it, bought it last year with a new motor in it and 1500 miles on the chassis, hence the 300 miles ive put on it since then.

But yes, I was grateful that she ran well today!

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Not sure if the reeds were replaced when the motor was replaced though, it is possible they have seen all the miles, if that is what you are wondering about?

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Not sure if the reeds were replaced when the motor was replaced though, it is possible they have seen all the miles, if that is what you are wondering about?

That is exactly what I was wondering... Well done!!

Ya if they have over 1800 miles then they should be changed but at 300 it don't make much sense...

Well either way I guess...

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Yep I am getting some on the way now. Not looking forward to tearing my sled all apart to put them on though! Probably will be easiest pulling the seat and tank and accessing them that way im thinking.

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
I did pull them out and check them out when installing the turbo, they had very minor wear on the bottom side petals, but still were sealing and did not look like they were due yet. But who knows, maybe a little boost did a number on them haha.

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Boyesen Superstock turbo reeds are on the way!!! Called them up, customer service was awesome and got my order completed super quick.

For anyone else's reference that may want these reeds, the part number is 520SF1T
They were 49.99 apiece, so about 100 bucks for the set.

Last edited:
Premium Features