• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comments on Powderlite's Exhaust on the Pro

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I am curious what the experts opinion is regarding the different design of exhaust Powderlite's built for the Silber Turbo'd Pro as seen in the following video. The thread was about the fuel system they are working on but I am a little interested in hearing about this exhaust and what the benefits may be or lack there of.

Check out his thread.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315973

Check out the video

Last edited:

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Looks like a divorced down pipe for the wastegate. This will aid in allowing the exhaust gas to flow smoother with less turbulence from the wastegate dumping in the same chamber as the turbine exhaust. Definitely should help... Man, did you guys see over 8700 rpm on the stand, yikes! I could hear the rods stretching(joking, but dang dude)!!!

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I looks like all the components in a silber kit but the turbo pipe looks like the one Push uses on there kit.

Not really the same as push. This is still an internal waste gate, just 2 pipes next to each other and lined up better with the exhaust outlet on the turbo housing and the waste gate hole. Big difference between that and a tial external waste gate setup.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I haven't noticed problems with detonation or performance.

I am for people improving on the kits but until you run them side by side its hard to quantify the "upgrade"

It does look cool though :yo:

Last edited:
G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I haven't noticed problems with detonation or performance.

I am for people improving on the kits but until you run them side by side its hard to quantify the "upgrade"

It does look cool though :yo:

So your saying that the kits purposely have half the exhaust blocked????:wacko:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Here is why I couldn't even try to make it run like the way the kits come.
Picture is worth a 1000 words.

It should make a lot more power and not detonate right away.
www.powderlites.com
250-836-4422
I don't know if maybe I'm missing something but the first picture looking at the direction of the exhaust inlet and the body of the can behind it, it appears as though the restriction in the exhaust is on the bottom side of the exhaust not the top side where you added pipe to enlarge it.

Also, not trying to nay-say, just asking the question; how does the spinning effect of the exhaust gasses coming out of the turbo work going in to a non round exhaust pipe. I don't see a restriction there being a good thing but wouldn't think extra turbulence there would be good either. If designed right you can get as much or more flow through a small diameter than a large one that doesn't have very good laminar glow characteristics.

Premium Features