• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Kit For Pro?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
The difference is timing control .Timing = HP thats the bottom line. Thats the main reason I know for 100% sure that these systems are way faster and also the ecu is super lightning fast which makes it respond alot quicker than even the factory ecu. I understand that alot of guys are on the fence right now but next year there will be alot of kits running around your area and you will have a chance to hop on one for a spin Im sure. There are alot of factors that play into purchasing one of these systems but if you weigh the consequences in the end the standalone comes out on top. I totally agree that the other fueling systems out there serve their own purpose but as we all know technology can put a damper on things.:face-icon-small-hap

if yours is faster than neils at 8lbs i would be impressed,trust me when i say it does not need timing it is so fast & does not need to run more boost.it was as fast as my nytro at 13-14lbs & theres not many nytros faster than mine.it makes me want a 2stroke again.

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
if yours is faster than neils at 8lbs i would be impressed,trust me when i say it does not need timing it is so fast & does not need to run more boost.it was as fast as my nytro at 13-14lbs & theres not many nytros faster than mine.it makes me want a 2stroke again.

Im sure his sled is fast at 8 lbs but I will tell you that at 21 degrees of timing and charge temps at 42 his at somewhere from 12-15 degrees of timing and higher charge temps ,no competition. The nytro at 14 lbs is also no competition,not trying to start an argument but its true. Put it this way my Ruth Ported full billet 1400 300+HP is no competition for my Pro at 7 psi. Juast trying to give you a comparison, you guys have to ride one to believe it.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
The title of the thread is "Best Kit For The Pro"....
Now Stew from what I have been reading you don't have a kit for the Pro,you are selling a ECU.

Boost It on the other hand is into their second season of R&D and is now selling their own designed turbo kit.

I am not saying that Boost It is the best as I have not looked at or tried all the others on the market,I have seen it tear up some of the nastiest chutes in Revy.
I just want to know when did you get a chance to try the Boost It kit to be able to say the kit that you do not build is better?? LOL

I bet ya the Boost It crew is out there again this weekend riding their sleds like they stole em!

Last edited:
S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
The title of the thread is "Best Kit For The Pro"....
Now Stew from what I have been reading you don't have a kit for the Pro,you are selling a ECU.

Boost It on the other hand is into their second season of R&D and is now selling their own designed turbo kit.

I am not saying that Boost It is the best as I have not looked at or tried all the others on the market,I have seen it tear up some of the nastiest chutes in Revy.
I just want to know when did you get a chance to try the Boost It kit to be able to say the kit that you do not build is better?? LOL

I bet ya the Boost It crew is out there again this weekend riding their sleds like they stole em!

Never said I built a kit, just replied to a quote. Im working with someone on their kit sorry dont mean to misinterperet.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Im sure his sled is fast at 8 lbs but I will tell you that at 21 degrees of timing and charge temps at 42 his at somewhere from 12-15 degrees of timing and higher charge temps ,no competition. The nytro at 14 lbs is also no competition,not trying to start an argument but its true. Put it this way my Ruth Ported full billet 1400 300+HP is no competition for my Pro at 7 psi. Juast trying to give you a comparison, you guys have to ride one to believe it.

ha ha ill take that race you at 7lb me at 14lbs no prob if you think my nytro is no competition but it is not stock:heh::face-icon-small-hap.iam not trying to get into a your is better than mine simply said if your is as fast as neils its faster than any 2stroke i have seen.so how many miles of true mountain riding do you have on your system?can you ride your system from 0-10000ft elevation & a 20degree temp change without having to pull out your lap top?

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
ha ha ill take that race you at 7lb me at 14lbs no prob if you think my nytro is no competition but it is not stock:heh::face-icon-small-hap.iam not trying to get into a your is better than mine simply said if your is as fast as neils its faster than any 2stroke i have seen.so how many miles of true mountain riding do you have on your system?can you ride your system from 0-10000ft elevation & a 20degree temp change without having to pull out your lap top?

To answer your questions:
The system has lots of R&D time on it, 3.5 years to be exact . They are high grade medical foil board which is just below what NASA uses thats why the cost is high = quality. Yes it will compensate in all the above conditions ,started at 86 ft elevation and rode to 10450 and 40+ degree difference with no problem 2 weeks ago boosted. Took 40+ hours of driving time to do it but Seb got it done.LOL

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Does anybody know what Neil is running for gearing? What is stock gearing for the pro's?

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
To answer your questions:
The system has lots of R&D time on it, 3.5 years to be exact . They are high grade medical foil board which is just below what NASA uses thats why the cost is high = quality. Yes it will compensate in all the above conditions ,started at 86 ft elevation and rode to 10450 and 40+ degree difference with no problem 2 weeks ago boosted. Took 40+ hours of driving time to do it but Seb got it done.LOL

What else do you need though besides just the ecu to make it run? Aren't there baro and map sensors needed for it to compensate? Does it run closed loop and need o2 correction? Seems like you would need these for it to work to the best of its ability.

I think a lot of guys are interested but there is just so much closed mouth about it. All most people know is to come throw a leg over your sled, that its a vipec ecu and is running on Hm kits, and that your sled at 7psi will pretty much beat anything, and timing adjustment is the only real reason its that much faster.

So really unless you have an Hm kit you are SOL unless a guy wants to tune in their own map.

I don't doubt your sled runs and the vipec is good, just think there needs to be a little more information for people on what it will take to make it run awesome on their sled if they don't have an Hm setup, say boondocker and silber that run secondary injectors.

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
What else do you need though besides just the ecu to make it run? Aren't there baro and map sensors needed for it to compensate? Does it run closed loop and need o2 correction? Seems like you would need these for it to work to the best of its ability.

I think a lot of guys are interested but there is just so much closed mouth about it. All most people know is to come throw a leg over your sled, that its a vipec ecu and is running on Hm kits, and that your sled at 7psi will pretty much beat anything, and timing adjustment is the only real reason its that much faster.

So really unless you have an Hm kit you are SOL unless a guy wants to tune in their own map.

I don't doubt your sled runs and the vipec is good, just think there needs to be a little more information for people on what it will take to make it run awesome on their sled if they don't have an Hm setup, say boondocker and silber that run secondary injectors.

This is the extra accessories, 3 bar map sensor $40, 1:1 FPR, Intake sensor $25, NGK 02 sensor . Thats it,will work on any pro turbo kit with these parts from Boondocker to OVS to whoever. Auxillary injectors will also work, just have to turn them on inside ECU(can be done in less than 20 seconds). Here is a pic of what is available to adjust inside the ECU.
everyone is asking for info so Ill add some pics ,they arent that great but hopefully will help, you guys can ask questions from here.

Pic 1) From left to right, the first pic is the options or configuration on the ecu,its completely setup for turbo or natural aspiration, These expand out to a total of 600+ pages of software. If you want to get crazy and do oddball stuff you can but for 90% of all riders its ready to roll. You would only have the fuel table to mess with.

Pic 2) Fuel and ignition table look like this , of course this is just a simple glimpse inside, but here it is. The screen can be adjusted and graphs and views can be added. we have more than one ignition and more than one fuel table

pic3) datalogger /fuel map and 3D map Datalogger is best troubleshooting tool available. I would say better than Polaris wrench.

Last edited:
T

TMP

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
yes I have some stuff just getting rolling down there, wont be long and Ill look you up or you are invited to Turbo days in LOLO Montana on April 14th, I welcome you to try and blow my sled up. I bet you dont get that offer eevry day LOL:face-icon-small-sho

Ill make you a deal, you show up at turbo days, we run pound for pound of boost and if yours is faster Ill install a Vipec for free that day :) !!

If his sled is faster then yours why would he want your system? Haha

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
This is the extra accessories, 3 bar map sensor $40, 1:1 FPR, Intake sensor $25, NGK 02 sensor . Thats it,will work on any pro turbo kit with these parts from Boondocker to OVS to whoever. Auxillary injectors will also work, just have to turn them on inside ECU(can be done in less than 20 seconds). Here is a pic of what is available to adjust inside the ECU.
everyone is asking for info so Ill add some pics ,they arent that great but hopefully will help, you guys can ask questions from here.

Pic 1) From left to right, the first pic is the options or configuration on the ecu,its completely setup for turbo or natural aspiration, These expand out to a total of 600+ pages of software. If you want to get crazy anoddball stuff you can but for 90% of all riders its ready to roll. You would only have the fuel table to mess with.

Pic 2) Fuel and ignition table look like this , of course this is just a simple glimpse inside, but here it is. The screen can be adjusted and graphs and views can be added. we have more than one ignition and more than one fuel table

pic3) datalogger /fuel map and 3D map Datalogger is best troubleshooting tool available. I would say better than Polaris wrench.

The thing i have a hard time with is, the vypex in not a standalone, nor does it have any auto tune technology.. but its priced like it does. Its a novel idea sledstew, but bottum line is NO ONE wants to tune on a sled with a laptop!!! So unless you can email a map and it auto tunes itself you are blowing alot of smoke at the wrong crowd.. we want tunability on the hill with EASE!! Just ask neil how many boxes he has sold just this year.. Because it works and its easy to TUNE!!! Oh and its half the price too :))

B

bebaldus

Mar 4, 2011
Grangeville Idaho
sorry polarisrocks I thought the Vi-Pec was a stand alone unit, and that you were just blowing smoke because you are a Boost-it guy trying to put down this product.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
polarisrocks
It is fine to put in your 2 cents but for common courtesy you could atleast spell the unit you are putting down right. I agree that nobody wants to "waist" time tuning.......but then they should probably not have a turboed sled. The Vi-Pec is a great unit, and paving the way for the future. Every single sled runs a little different....I don't think any one map will work on every pro with the same turbo set up...it might get close but this system is about perfection. The Vi-Pec is a no brainer to tune. You can watch videos online. It spells it out for you. Boost-it has a great product too. To each their own. Stew great product great work...I will see you in LOLO!

If you're gonna bust on a dude for his spelling, you might want to edit your post a bit...............

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
*I have a Vi-pec on my car. Easy to tune from the passenger side while a buddy is driving.

*I have Boost-it on my sled, just pushing a few buttons while on the sled. Done!

There is a place for both ecus, but on a sled Boost-it got my money! The simplicity of this box is just awsome, and it works so good.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Sounds good, so how did Emilie's sled turn out then? Running perfect now?

Premium Features