• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with Silber turbo kit thread number 2.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I will add that this is my fourth turbo sled. All of them have had there idiosyncrasies so it is not unusual to think that this kit needs a little tuning. There is a problem in the midrange that cannot be removed currently. Hopefully like was mentioned there is a new map Justin has that adds fuel or will allow the end user to add fuel in the midrange.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Adding a OVS timing filter eliminated my midrage DET problem.

So if the timing filter stops the detonation sensor from going off by pulling timing, it still leaves a lean spot in the mid-range. Do you think this had anything to do with your failure? It sounds as if the lean spot is with factory programming but I am certain it is exacerbated by adding boost....?

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
All most sleds hitting det problem 2011 pros? Don't the 2012 have different base mapping? Was wondering if the map Justin uses on the box and sends out is more for the 2012

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
So if the timing filter stops the detonation sensor from going off by pulling timing, it still leaves a lean spot in the mid-range. Do you think this had anything to do with your failure? It sounds as if the lean spot is with factory programming but I am certain it is exacerbated by adding boost....?

Who knows?????

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
All most sleds hitting det problem 2011 pros? Don't the 2012 have different base mapping? Was wondering if the map Justin uses on the box and sends out is more for the 2012

i asked justin the question, he said 11 and 12 maps are the same.

Now they have different injectors..... so what difference that makes is above me.

C

crackerjack

Dec 21, 2007
The flash is done using an infrared light over the control box. Really slick and simple. just have to meet up with someone who has the program/computer to do it. You could us some quick connects if you had to send your box to him and didn't want to take the kit apart.

I ran mine at 7-8 pounds for the first 200 miles with not one det on half and half av gas. turned it up to ten pounds and hit det several times and only in the midrange when side hilling. If I just went from stop to full throttle it didn't have any problems. when you turn the boost up the boost starts to show earlier in the rpms and throttle which makes the maps lean spot show up more severely. It does help to drop the red/blue but it makes the sled run a little more blubbery. JSCC was the one who turned me on to this a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Bumped red down to 2 yesterday, and it helped alot! But i still see when im riding on long lakes at half throttle im still reaching a lean area. But if i just gives it wot its running great with a a/f at 11.5, so i can still lean it out some more. Cruising at slow speed it running great with a/f at 13.5, and going from cruising to wot theres no bog. So now im riding without dET and no other problems! :D

Sled runs great! Thanks Silber :)

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
WRONG!!!

If you read my posts earlier, you can see that I have tried with pure Sunoco 109 GT+, and that didnt do any difference! So no on octane level!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
It's alot better than before! Bumped red down to 2 and that helped some. But sometimes going off and on the throttle i can get into a bad bog.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Okey... Just came in from riding, sled pulls hard and good on wot a couple seconds before it goes into a terrible bog?? A/F ratio at 11.5-12. What wrong?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Changed the plug gap alittle and that helped alot with the bogging, but not 100%, happens maybe 1 out of 20 WOT pulls. But after changing the plug gap i lost a couple rpms, going from 8200-8300 to 7800-7900. So don't think its hitting the limiter.

And i also experinced high idle rpms when i ended the ride, normally it sits around 1900-2000 but no it was going under 3600??? Whats up with that? Never had that happend before.

Boost is about 4-5psi and weights are at around 74-75 i think.

Premium Features