• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

drilling out running boards

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Just bought a kit from PolarisRider1 to drill out holes in running boards on my 2000 rmk. Anyone else done this? If so any suggestions/tips? Everyone I've asked so far seems to be very happy with the end result.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
It's $48 and you get a step drill, the dye, 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 2 washers, includes shipping. I'll be done with them tomorrow if you want to buy mine. It is amazing how much stronger the running boards feel, no more flex. Plus the grip is just soooo much better. I'll put some pics up tomorrow when I'm done with the other side.
If you click on the link a couple posts above you can see a picture of what you get and what some of the end results are.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Here's the finished product. Took about 4 hours total, with breaks. Once you get the pattern set, it's just drill, torque, repeat. Use an air wrench if possible to tighten up, then torque by hand.

runningboardrear.jpg runningboardside.jpg

I am still making them! email me at polarisrider@aol.com the dimple dies fly out of here so fast that it has been hard keeping them in stock. Very easy to do, way less money and work than cutting up your boards and it looks stock.
I am only doing 1/2" kits this year. The 5/8 kits are ment for every other dimple. They do add strength to the boards and lets the snow out. I came up with this idea after dealing with snow on my boards for years. These are very popular on Edge chassis sleds but Doo folks buy the kit also.

Last edited:
Premium Features