• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Turbo Pro install pics MLC #2

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Well I was given these pics a good wile back just have not had the chance to post them up.

The pictures below are from my Dad's sled. He is going through somewhat of a midlife crisis so this year he pulled the trigger on a boosted Pro. He has been out every week 1-2 times a week and is loving every second of the boost. Like many he is not on the net much but hopefully I can talk him onto posting up sometime. This kit was installed mostly by him and fit and finish was perfect on this kit its a very easy install and also the new EBC for this year is very basic and works so well.

You don't have to be into computers to be able to run the new EBC you set in the boost and it matches your number simple as that much easier then last year. He also has turned on the new Altitude Comp mode for every .1lb of psi lost in atmospheric psi the EBC adds the same exact amount of boost to the sled.

Hopefully others can use the pics for there Boondocker install along with the detailed instructions they send out to help them with there install. I need to add text to the pics I think that will help out as well. I have some vids as well I need to get up if I can get the time.

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!! Your never too old for boost... tell him congrats.

I dont know if its just the pics, but he has to have the cleanest and most well lit shop I have every seen. The floor looks like you could do surgery in there. The turbo is cool, but I want to see more shop pics... :face-icon-small-hap

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
exactly what hit me at first sight! How did he managed to drain all of his coolant without getting his floor dirty!!! :face-icon-small-con

Hope I would have a nice shop like his! I had to do mine in my not heated shed while it was already -10 cielsus! hours of fun lol!!

Nice setup, hope the kit works great:face-icon-small-coo

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Honesty

Hey Justin I will pay for your gas to come ride with me and also give you 100.00 for your time to show me that this sled runs just let me know when and where.

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Hey Justin I will pay for your gas to come ride with me and also give you 100.00 for your time to show me that this sled runs just let me know when and where.
Wow! you're just roaming this site trying to stir the pot with anyone thats's not running an Aero, huh? I personally put on of BD's kits on last week, and had it running well within an hour of it hitting the snow @ 10000'. Justin sent me a new programmer setting to try, but BD had me send the box back to put in new settings, before I could try it. My only issue was a lean spot around the upper mid-range. I will be installing 2 more kits next week.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
I am not trying to stir the pot, there would be a lot more videos out there if these sled were working as well as people are saying. I have a garret kit on my sled I don't even own a Aerocharger nor do I work for them so!!! however I honestly feel that they manufacture the cleanest and most responsive kit available. (but there sleds are not running either so believe what you will) There are a lot of people that don't have 6,000 to blow on kit that does not work so I just would like to see it first hand because I have been testing these sleds for months with several different turbo companies and none of them have been working so my offer stands, make me a believer and I promise I will apologize for misinforming all of you.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I am not trying to stir the pot, there would be a lot more videos out there if these sled were working as well as people are saying. I have a garret kit on my sled I don't even own a Aerocharger nor do I work for them so!!! however I honestly feel that they manufacture the cleanest and most responsive kit available. (but there sleds are not running either so believe what you will) There are a lot of people that don't have 6,000 to blow on kit that does not work so I just would like to see it first hand because I have been testing these sleds for months with several different turbo companies and none of them have been working so my offer stands, make me a believer and I promise I will apologize for misinforming all of you.

Ink Where do you live? I have over 100 miles on my BD turbo with no real issues.. I just sent my box back to get the updated I am wondering what you think is not working on any turbo kit for the pro? If your close to Wyoming I would be glad to take you up on your offer... Let me know
dc

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
I am in Bozeman MT, I am not saying that there never going to work I just want the customers to get a kit that's worth the money I am tired of these turbo manufactures just selling kits and you guys not getting what you deserve. I have rode just about everyone's turbo kit for the PRO besides BD and have not been satisfied so its hard to believe that BD has it all figured out. MY buddy ordered a kit and still has not received it and he ordered through Justin at Code Red. Justin none of this is pointed at you just the kit. The PRO has a sever det problem and my back round supports head work, all the sleds that I own have a modified squish band. I will go ahead and eat some of my words and say that it is possible to tune this sled without head work but it is very difficult meaning months of tuning which is why you are seeing numbers working well for some and not for the others it will be very sensitive to all conditions. If there is anyone closer I will extend the offer to everyone!

Last edited:
D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Ink,
I will be in Togwotee on the 4th and the 5th. Why don't you come down there and see for yourself. We have a customer ride with about 50 people showing up. And a lot of them are there to see the turbo pro Rmk and the new turbo E-tec.
And at the end of Feb. I will be in Cooke.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Not taking sides here but I KNOW!!!!!!!!! There have been big problems with the Boondocker kit. So it frustrates me to no end that people get on here and act like there aren't or haven't been any. It really makes me leery of trusting anything I read on here.
Many guys haven't chimed in at all, preferring to be quiet rather than say things that might effect Boondocker negatively. Also frustrating to me as many of us could use the feedback even if it doesn't paint BD in the best light. If its honest feedback or honest results, there shouldn't be any worry about sharing them. It's only data!

All that being said, Boondocker's did come out with a new controller or new program for controlling the fueling. The people I have been keeping in touch with have said that the problems have cleared up. I also had 2 riding buddies a(nd good friends) spent a day on the current BD PRO kits this week. They said they flat out rip, perform top to bottom and that they will have 1 soon. None of them ran into any problems with the DET sensor. Nor did they have any problems with stumbling. A 3rd one of them was up there for 2 days on the BD kit, same result.

So my take on the issue. There were problems. It looks like they really have been cleared up. Not saying its perfect but it sounds like it runs great and will make you happy. Not sure the kit could say that before this last change.... In fact, I'm pretty sure it couldn't.

Everybody running the new stuff, post up. The good and the bad. Would love to verify the kit is now solid.
Thanks,

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i have little first hand experience on these sleds as i have not ridden one myself but i have been around a few of them. i know for a fact that all the ones in my area have had an issue that lead them to limp out. have not seen one get towed out yet. the biggest issue from what i've been told is the mapping and that is why they switched to what they are calling "3d mapping". the issue stood with the stock mapping system meeting epa standards but still performing amazingly well. i may not have this exactly correct but from what i was told the stock mapping would cut fueling a little early after coming off of full throttle so that it would burn almost all of the fuel and still be compliant with the epa rules. this lead to a big issue with the turbo's because we all know that when you cut the throttle on boost it takes a split second to wind down and the system is still pressurized for a fraction of a second. this lead to some severe det issues because the motor was not getting the lubrication that it so needed for that fraction of time. the more boost you run the worse it got. the new 3d mapping is now aiding the fueling around this issue. have talked to 3 guys who have ridden with the new mapping and they say it made all the difference in the world. the sleds are way faster and no DET issues to speak of. this is my .02, and this is exactly why i didnt build one this year. i will get some seat time on them very soon and probably start a late spring/ summer build to get one in my line up.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
INKEDRIDER, if you live in bozeman , come to big Timber sunday morning and you can see for yourself. Thats a 60 mile drive for you. I don't have the 3 d mapping in my wife's sled but it still runs awesome. Let me know.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I ran the new 3D mapping today and it worked well. However, I did see Det on 10.0-10.5lbs with 3.5gallons of race today. I lowered the boost to 9lbs and it went away. I later went back and added fuel to 8300hi and 8500hi and ran 10lbs and it worked well and had no Det again. I still need some time on it, but it seemed good. It was very icy today so hard conditions to test in. Today is the first day I was able to turn it this high and not have Det. I will say that I have seen some Det issues before this program, mainly on long WOT pulls on the hill. It was periodic, but it did happen......so Inkedrider......there was some truth to what you said previously. While it did not happen all the time, and only happend under a load at WOT, it did happen. However, this new tune seems to be good, and possibly the real deal. One problem I am having is our fuel out here has Ethanol in it so I know that affects things. I am going to add a little more race fuel next time out and see how high I can turn the boost....probably 11-11.5. I am not sure how much the Ethanol affects things....if anyone can chime in on this I am all ears.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Little bit of a short notice, but I will ride with you,can you ride during the week say Tuesday or any time the rest of the week. Going to the hill climbs this coming weekend but lets hook up, I have committed to going to Cooke as far as the money thing goes it was first come first serve.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Inkedrider, I can't get a way during the week. Going to cooke on thursday to meet up with rasmussen for friday. we will ride saturday,also, then come home. My cell# 406-930-1377. Give me a call and we can hook up. Terry.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sled

Not sure if it matters but with justins numbers i had my sled working awesome without the new update!!! Love the boondocker turbo and will recommend to anyone great kit and easy install!!!

will be trying out the new update next weekend. It already runs great cant wait until i get to ride with update done!!

Premium Features