• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondockers turbo on pro?

I
thread

hey great idea for a new thread. i am also curious. i had a boondocker turbo on my dragon. i have already put a down payment on a boondocker turbo kit for my pro. i have to admit after riding it i am wondering why i need to spend all the extra money. i am very impressed with how well these things run stock. somebody please tell me that the boondocker pro is going to blow my mind so i can stop losing sleep over this decision. haha thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
It's going to blow your mind.... now go to bed!! LOL

Dialed in for lower boost right now... torque monsters with substantial bottom end.

With more time on the clock... they will be knocking em dead on higher boost... I'm pretty confident with that... I'm glad to see them NOT rushing untested product to market.... The high boost "pump gas" and "race gas" setups will be worth waiting for.

Last edited:
S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Just this morning I read a thread about a Boondocker Pro turbo post by live4snow.

His sled was setup by boondockers, and he claims it doenst run for cr@p.

For some reason the post seams to have been deleted.

I follow these forums alot and it seems like, BD has some inside edge on these forums, or the mods are deleting post for them.

These kind of actions are just bogus for all the other turbo builders out there. If the Boondocker pro kits are not running, use forum users deserve to know.

So please stop deleting threads whoever is doing it.

Iam currently in the market for a turbo kit for my pro, and would like to know what is working and whats not.

I also feel some of the turbo builders are not giving us enough information on whats going on.

James

rubymountainrider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
springcreek nv
boondocker turbo on pro

we got two kits out they are running good until you get a det light on they come on randomly when you get them you cant go over 7000 rpm. running 5 gallons of 110 race fuel to the tank at 7 to 8 psi i am riding 7500 to 10000 put about 30 miles on mine my buddy got about 60 on his. he is not getting the light as often but still getting them.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I have about 80 miles on mine now. It was set up by Carls Cycle and I am running 9-9.5lbs and 3-4 gallons of 110(partially because our crappy California fuel). The more I ride it the better it gets. I believe the DET issue I first saw, like many, was due to a boost spike with the new actuator spring. As it breaks in.....this is not happening. I know some people running 8lbs on pump, so I personally do not think it is a detonation issue. As far as as the DET light coming on and going into limp mode, I only saw that the first 20-30 miles. Like I said, I think the boost spike was part of it. The only thing I have seen that is a problem is that sometimes if you are at lower speeds, like I was today, in deep powder and on a steep hill.....and then you stab the throttle....it did bog on me a couple times, would not increase rpms or develop boost. It almost seemed pig rich. If I went back up the same hill, same conditions, and slowly got into the throttle, this would not happen. Now, when this did happen, there was NO DET light. I am going to call BD tomorrow and see what they say. Overall, the sled flat rips and I am VERY happy with the Boondockers kit. At 9lbs it runs as good as my Dragon did at 10.5-11lbs, IMO. I am sure here in the next couple weeks with more of these on the snow, these things will only get better.

P1010053.jpg

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Anyone Else

Hard to believe there aren't more people out there that are running the BD Pro turbo by now. Would greatly appreciate feedback from you guys. There are rumors flying about this set up but it would be nice to get actual ride experience on here.

Also, curious about that thread being deleted. The comment that was made by standup06. I'm pretty sure I saw that same thread too. Anyone know why it was deleted?? Moderator or Originator???

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
i put a bd turbo on a pro 163 this past weekend and rode it yesterday ans wow what i amazing sled it ran so well it only hit the det sensor 2 times in thirty miles its the most responsive turbo i have ever ridden. i ran 8 pounds with 2 gallons of race fuel i never had to touch the control box or anything it ran perfect the whole time. it definetily has more power than my 2010 dragon at the same boost levels. great job bd on a great kit.

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Paterson Wa
Jared from boondocker flew out to ride with us this morning and tune on our sleds. This thing is spot on now and works great. Thanks Jared for your time and effort to come out and ride with us today.

Thanks tim

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Paterson Wa
Different conditions there is better air here and playing with different fuels. And in think the elevation is a little lower here. It is around 5-6000 ft here.

Last edited:
Premium Features