• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone put an XP skid into a Nytro

WakeGD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Has anybody installed an 08 154" XP skid into a Nytro MTX?

We need to know the center to center distance and any suggestions for mounting.

This will be with a 162 Camo Extreme.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
i suppose if you got that skid for a good price it would worth doing, but there are much better skids out there for good prices... you pickup a Cat float skid for around $550 that is basically a holz skid. just get it all revavled ($100) and you've got a damn good skid for CHEAP. :eek:

WakeGD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Well, as best as I can come up with the XP CTC is 30" vs 31.5" on the Nytro skid. Probably doing a 2.5-3.5" setback on front mount and 1"-2" on rear.

And it was WAY cheaper than $500, so I think it'll be worth it.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
I'll doing this shortly, when I set the two next to each other it looks like the front mount will be close to the nytro. I went this way becasue of cost and the fact that the ski doo suspension dosn't need ice scratchers. With drop brackets you'll still save close to 25#

C
Jul 23, 2001
With an Apex, being 16" wide, wouldn't the XP skid work better, being that it goes with the wider track? Or are all skids the same width? I am thinking of making a change as well, but might just get hyperfax sliders instead.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
all skids are made the same width . other than the top mounting points , they will very sled to sled even with diffrent tunnels . the only place a 16 inch track is diffrent than a 15 or 14 inch is the distance from the "nubs " to the out side edge of the track

Premium Features