• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attention M7 Owners!!!

M757

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Check the bolts that hold the recoil to the engine. They can come loose and wobble the bolt holes loose and ruin the recoil and eventually fall off the engine. Mine fell off and my buddies actually broke the case surrounding the stator and flywheel.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Athena OR
How many miles before this started happening? This is the first I have heard of this and I know of sleds with 5000+ miles and no recoil problems. Sorry for your luck:beer;:beer;:beer;.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
I would say a lot of bolts/screws vibrate loose after a few yrs and few thousand miles. A couple days ago the heat shield covering the MAG side motor mount came off and jammed against my brakes. I wouldnt go warning people about it though since it is a 4yr old sled and stuff like that happens.
BTW my recoil is perfect.

M757

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
My sled only has about 1200 miles on it ond my buddies is a year newer with about 800 on it. The only reason i put up this warning is because they did it within two weeks of each other and the dealer i bought my recoil from said that it was a fairly common problem. If I can save one person out there the $170 the recoil costs then this thread is worth posting.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Happend to me last year and took out my stator which then popped my ecu. Spent $2k when it was all said and done. And I got off cheap. Now I check both sleds often and retorque with blue locktite...............

gtgame

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Same thing happened on my F7 too, caught it by hearing a horrible rattle at about 1000 miles, thought it was something way worse. New bolt and tighten the rest, keep an eye on my M7 now.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i haven't put a wrench on my recoil cover yet but the bolts appear to still be all the way in. however i did go around and check all the bolts around the bulkhead and steering hoop and such and they was all fairly loose. i guess i better through a wrench on my recoil bolts just to be safe.

Premium Features