• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High comp?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Long story short here. I have a 00 summit 700 with SHR's trail port and 670 high compression pistons in it. Guy I bought it from said he always ran a mix of race gas in it in the mts. My question is I live at 2400 feet and am wondering what I would need to do to run it down here?

R
Nov 16, 2016
Long story short here. I have a 00 summit 700 with SHR's trail port and 670 high compression pistons in it. Guy I bought it from said he always ran a mix of race gas in it in the mts. My question is I live at 2400 feet and am wondering what I would need to do to run it down here?

Are you still using the OEM oil injection system?

If your altitude compensation system is working correctly, I don't see a need for altering your fuel/oil ratio.
I believe that the system will change the fuel/air ratio (as per temp and altitude.... aka barometric pressure)..... but it will not change the fuel/oil ratio.

Also, the DPM™(Digital Performance Management) will likely not do much compensating at low altitude.

Also, look closely at the carburetor boots. Look for any signs of checking or cracking. If these crack and allow for a suction breach, the engine may lean out and become damaged! In other words.... don't gamble.... if they are beginning to show signs of cracking..... replace them NOW!

If you were to do a search, you will find quite a bit of info out there.
And hopefully one the more experienced guys here will chime in!

Last edited:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rick thanks for the response, I ran the sled at the grass drags and won my class. Then someone wanted to buy it so I sold it.

Premium Features