• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharged Pro

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Does anyone knoe how they have addressed the issues with loosing boost out the ex port after the intake closes? Turbos do it with backpressure. If you just restrict the exhaust it kills the bottome end.

I believe they are using the exhaust valves in the cylinders.

There should be a lot more feedback on the system this year

G
Apr 23, 2008
idcatman, thats exactly why the roots style little 144's failed to make power so quickly above 1/2 an atmosphere positive press . boost Psi went up, the fuel flow went up ,, BUT the airflow did not go up it just got hotter so out the end of the pipe you saw fuel vapor. Putting a cork in the pipe does not fix that.

Today the ecu can cut the fuel flow to match the flattening airflow vs rpm curve and make them run somewhat respectable.
That is meant a compliment as well, the early indy blower sled from bennets was a total poop wagon. the cat we raced last winter with this system was respectable to 4 psi vs the turbo 800. after 6 psi from the hit it was behind but not everyone has to be fastest.

I wonder if you put a restrictor in your stock sleds exhaust if there is a magical power gain ? loss is loss right ? boost psi is boost psi ?

god if it were only that easy..

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
wow 4psi for 6500 bucks. I'll take 2 and a jar of lube.

Understand how a 2-stroke works and you will understand why this doenst work period.

H

htsbills

Dec 28, 2010
Has anyone had a chance to ride the supercharged Pro this season? How did it work?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Has anyone had a chance to ride the supercharged Pro this season? How did it work?

My buddy, That went on the test ride in towgattee last year, just ordered one. I am still debating. I promised my wife a hot tub. I told her that when you are sitting in a hot tub you are going man this feels good but you aren't smiling. With a supercharger you will be smiling. Are you Bill?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
wow 4psi for 6500 bucks. I'll take 2 and a jar of lube.

Understand how a 2-stroke works and you will understand why this doenst work period.

I assure you it does work. Seen it, rode it and loved it. There was a turbo there that was running the same boost. Crappy spring snow and no big hills. If you ride in the trees you can't use all the top end any way. I am pretty sure that the guy on the turbo cat is riding sc this year. I heard the turbo has longer legs and I assumed it did before I rode the sc. I don't care. The sc is the bomb in the trees. Carls claims way more bottom then the turbo or their 900 kit and between the 900 and turbo for top end. Buy what you want.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I would not spend the money on this, here is why

In our local (Valdez, AK) hill climb last year a supercharged M8 (First Place) only beat out a stock M8 ( Second Place) by 0.5 of a second. That to me, hardly justifies the $6500 or whatever the price tag is. Both are great riders and the course was quite tight and challenging for all participants.

A cleaner line thru one corner and the supercharged M8 would be second instead. I see no performance gain to justify the expense. JMO Though

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If that is the case then nobody should buy anything because keith curtis was running faster times with his stock sled than anyone was running with their open mods at Jackson. I actually think his fastest stock sled time was faster than anyone period. There might have been one or two. By the way, they were all great riders and the course was tight and challenging for all participants.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If that is the case then nobody should buy anything because keith curtis was running faster times with his stock sled than anyone was running with their open mods at Jackson. I actually think his fastest stock sled time was faster than anyone period. There might have been one or two. By the way, they were all great riders and the course was tight and challenging for all participants.

That is very true! Most of the time the stock sleds do post faster times than the mods. Makes you wonder why so many fixate on the engine and never address the chassis and handling of the sled which ultimately renders the extra horsepower unusable.

My philosophy has always been to address the chassis / handling first and then worry about the engine. 'Cause if you can't keep'er to the bar over anything then there is no point in adding more.

Just my $0.02

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I rode it last weekend, the actual finished, intercooled Supercharger. It has GREAT throttle response and pulls very hard on the bottom. It is better than a 900 EVERYWHERE. I rode it back to back with my fully modified turbo with LW crank and porting. The turbo beats it on top. This is the perfect middle ground between the 900 and turbo and if you like tight, technical trees, this is your sled! Carls said what I rode Saturday is light years ahead of what they had this spring. Its going to make a lot of happy customers!!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I know this is the polaris section but... pretty much same setup

Heres the latest updated kit from speedwerx I have my hands on, only running power commander with auto tune...

First thing I will say, the quality fit and finish is like nothing I have ever seen in any turbo kit manufacturer! The closest 2nd would be impulse as far as quality goes...

there are many factory cat parts that speedwerx has in this kit to make it as much as an OEM install as possible most are from the 1100t

These arent supposed to be all out high end HP monsters more of the boondocker technical responsive tight on off throttle low end grunt power out of hole setups, lets be honest here I bet 95+% of people cant even come close to riding a good running turbo in the mtns anywhere near its power potential yet its all about all out high end HP???

speedwerx pipe to address some of the scavenging concerns with supercharging 2 strokes although there isnt any sort of valve or way to balance any of the intake vs pipe pressure concerns many have I cant explain why it makes power but it does without it, head mod, intercooler and fan.

now all I need out here in cali is some snow and get some miles on this thing (I am only helping a buddy with it... not my proclimb

This setup runs very similar power wise to my 1200 wc motors at moderate elevations 5-6000 or so, just like some of the supercharged yammis Ive ridden, maybe a hair less on the big end but with less boost PSI

changing boost levels or compensating for drastic elevation changes will be a concern since its engine RPMxPulley RPM= boost PSI (mostly with a few small variables)

fuel economy will also be a concern since you can have a turbo sled run down the trail at say 6K rpm in a vacuum, not so much with a super.

Its not for everybody but it does have a spot on the snow for many riders!!!

Last edited:
C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
We became a dealer for speedwerx after riding them in togwotee last year, with terry. We have one kit installed on a 14 PC, and four more sitting in the office waiting to be installed. As said before, they are not huge top end power like a turbo CAN have, but they have instant throttle response, huge low end torque, and still a good top end. They will be a great option for the guys who don't need huge top end horsepower. The kits have been designed very well, and are 100% complete. Time will tell on the poo poo, but if it's anything like the cat, they won't release it until it is completely tested and verified in all conditions.

Mattymac, we have talked to Jeremy about the elevation change deal because our areas will vary from 5500 to close 11000. He told us that there is a control/limit built into the tune, to limit rpms at 8250, while still making full power. How it works I don't know, like you said time will tell

Terry, I can't send a pm right now, not sure why, but I will reply to your message when I fight it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
i believe you were riding my sled AO Jack called me friday and said they were 90% satisfied with the tuning but needed better snow to get it to 100%. told him to keep it till the snow is better and they are @100% with the tune, then i will be up to get it.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Minecat. Yes, I know for a fact we rode your sled. Jack and Ward were tuning it and switching back and forth between yours, and a Supercharger without an intercooler. Yours ran noticeably better! I thought they had it about dialed; you are going to love your sled!

Premium Features