• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a little Silber Help

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Got the sled working, it was the 3 bar MAP sensor on the throttle body. There was a slight bit of corrosion on the number 3 pin. Bought a new GM Part number one for $20 at the dealer and all is good.

Thanks bk720 for pointing this out to me and thanks Boston Racing for PM' me back tonight on you drive off the mountain. He pick up his phone multiple times and assured me the issue was either a sensor or the controller and to not over think it.

Now it is time to RIDE!!!!!

Cheers
Shawn

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Got the sled working, it was the 3 bar MAP sensor on the throttle body. There was a slight bit of corrosion on the number 3 pin. Bought a new GM Part number one for $20 at the dealer and all is good.

Thanks bk720 for pointing this out to me and thanks Boston Racing for PM' me back tonight on you drive off the mountain. He pick up his phone multiple times and assured me the issue was either a sensor or the controller and to not over think it.

Now it is time to RIDE!!!!!

Cheers
Shawn

Good to hear Cory got you going. He is very helpful! Hope all is good with your sled...

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Good to hear Cory got you going. He is very helpful! Hope all is good with your sled...

He saved my butt twice last season! Once with that issue and another when the oil pump went out taking out the Turbo. From the time I figured out the issue to the time I got a new turbo back on it was 30 hours. That turbo and pump where shipped from MN to Togwotee, WY to get me back on the snow for the remainder of the trip.

I actually went through two of the three bar map sensors last winter. I think with the long run of the stock wire and the way the sensor is position makes is prone to have water creep around to the contacts creating just enough corrosion. I plan on carrying a spare with me this winter.

Cheers
Shawn

Premium Features