• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondockers turbo on pro?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
ran today between 8-9000 at 8#. Ran awesome all day. Never hit the det sensor. I did have to add some fuel on top. It was getting a little hot at full throttle. Feels a touch rich on the very bottom. Since I changed the numbers around it is a little harder to start. No bog, no det. awesome kit. As far as the install goes the airbox is a pain to get out and one coolant hose sucks. Way easier than the cat install.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Got the kit... Easy install.
The numbers that they give you.???? hmm Lets just say that's where I started.
Still working the low end idle and the starting issues Turboless Terry thanks for the info and I will try the c2-c1 when I get the chance..
I did here that BD is working on a new program????

Anyone else here anything new?

dc

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Got the kit... Easy install.
The numbers that they give you.???? hmm Lets just say that's where I started.
Still working the low end idle and the starting issues Turboless Terry thanks for the info and I will try the c2-c1 when I get the chance..
I did here that BD is working on a new program????

Anyone else here anything new?

dc

New program details will be put on the website and the forum very soon keep checking in this week for info.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ok guys..I am curious..how do they compare on the hill to the cats/dragons/xps with boost? both straight up and in the trees?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I rode with 4 A/C M8 Turbos on Sunday.
1 BD
1 cutler
2 home made.

The polaris will hold its own when they play fair.... run the same boost as I can.. But they all were running 11-13 #'s and it's not even a contest.
I still have some tunning to do and the clutching that BD sends you is to heavy for my elevation IMO.
But if the cats are running 7 #'s like I am then they are pretty close. it will come down to rider.
As for the Ski-doo We are putting a turbo on an e-tec this weekend and will have it up and running next week. I feel that the e-tec will out do the Pro when we go pound per pound.
We will just have to see... They are all fun!

Cheers dc

Ok guys..I am curious..how do they compare on the hill to the cats/dragons/xps with boost? both straight up and in the trees?

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Why was there a Bulletin on the front page of Snowest this morning about a demo days ride with LCC Lincoln County Customs and Boondockers and now it has been taken down..?? Anybody know?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Why was there a Bulletin on the front page of Snowest this morning about a demo days ride with LCC Lincoln County Customs and Boondockers and now it has been taken down..?? Anybody know?

I just saw it up... What's the 3D tuning about????

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I just got off the phone with Jr the new 3D program is out and boxes can be sent it. I next day aired our 2 boxes to BD and got it back today the new program is even more user friendly yet it's just a very simple setup. On the old program I had it dialed in perfect after I changed the C1 setting back in Dec but this new program and setup allows for a wider boost ranges, more power,better fuel economy, and more user friendly setup did I mention more power and boost!!

Even today just playing around it had no problem spinning the 74gram weights we put in it all on Jared's pre-programed numbers I will give a report when we get some good miles on it this weekend.

From BD's website

3D parameter programming on the Pro RMK now available
We are excited to announce our new 3 parameter programming for the Boondocker Control Box, available for the Pro RMK. (Previous control box setting ran on a 2 parameter bases) This new upgrade allows you to program your fuel injection based on Throttle position, RPM and Boost greatly increasing the ability to fine tune your machine for ultimate performance. Using the 3 parameters the control box allows you to set your exact desired fuel injection, the ultimate in fine tuning.

If you already have a control box and want this upgrade simply send in your control box to Boondocker with your desired return address. We will re-program and return within the same day. Boondocker will cover return ground shipping cost however faster shipping is available at your own cost.

Last edited:
Premium Features