• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who put a ultra/xcr in a XC/RMK?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Alignment?

Havent seen my clutch tuning handbook for years. Remember there was something about a little offset when aligning clutches, to make it straighten out under load.

Anyone know what would be acceptable offset? 2mm?

Seeing 2,5mm now using the alignment tool that clamps on to the inner sheave of the clutch and lies against the inside of the secondary.

Oh, and I've got a 6 mount engine plate.

RS

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
This might sound funny but I've had good luck in the past aligning the angular offset by putting the alignment tool on and pulling back on the primary with a good amount of force...see how much the thing turns. I found that my triple in the GenII needed to be pretty straight with the 6 hole mounting plate...less give with 6 rubber mounts. I beleive I was about 1.5mm when it was said and done.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
So far..

On the alignment issue, I started out with 2,5mm after drilling holes in the plate. Filed 3 of them out a bit so now there is 0,65mm offset. Will leave it there since I have a 6 mount plate, torque stop at the rear and rubber dampened torque arm in front.

Progress:

Engine plate from Fastrax:
View attachment 14182

XCR on steroids:
View attachment 14183

Pipes gets a new coat of black:
View attachment 14184

Connecting pipes to new silencer:
View attachment 14185

Gettin som hot air out! (yes, I'll get some black rivets..)
View attachment 14186

And cooling the clutches!
DSC00025.JPG

Delivery!!:)
DSC00027.JPG

Now I've pretty much got the engine in there. Just details to finish and I can pull the rope. Or, actually, I pulled the rope on friday to see if I got spark. Yessir!! just hooked the engine into the RMK 500 harness and done!!:D:D

Next is tunnel with cooler and M-10....

DSC00026.JPG

Last edited:
H
Mar 30, 2008
i just did this swap as well, used the stock xcr coolant tank, oil tank top half of air box. i did not shim the secondary out so i had to make a custom bottom half of the air box. his steering post was bent so i made a straight one that took the xcr oil tank nicely. I did the 1/2" plate across the stock motor straps and the stock pipes into an mbrp can worked out just fine.
still running stock gearing, 52-36 helix with polaris black spring, polaris blue in the primary and 10-60 wieghts. this is a low elevation sled. 420-440 mains.

so far the owner is pretty excited to see what 20 extra hp is going to feel like! the triple sounds so nice!!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Wow, never thought anyone would dig this up?

Went riding last winter a couple of times, doing almost ok. Was of quite a bit on clutching because of wrong intel on engine. Pipes decide a lot about peak power and mine was at 9500!!

Worst thing was blowing a couple of belts tho, so new plan of attack this year.
For tunnel clearance + gearing I'm going with 8 tooth drivers. Less strain on the rest of the drivetrain as well.

Have a 54/44 helix coming. Leaving the 19/41 gearing with the 8 tooth drivers.
Figure 99mph speed with 9500rpm and 0,85:1 ratio. 84mph with 1:1 ratio.
Gonna try it.

Ice scratchers are on their way, some primary springs, WRP boards and some other goodies.

Just need more snow...:D

H
Mar 30, 2008
after seeing the other guys with the edge water bottle i could have saved myself a ton of time on making a bottom half of the airbox. if the xcr 800 water jug wasnt in there the air box would have fit like a glove. I think i might have to see if i cant swap it back and put an edge water bottle in there?

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Really like seeing those trips in sleds, and know that there is a good wrench man runnen them. Its is an art to make those things run. Nice job real clean looken.

Premium Features