• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Fusion seat

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Thinking about running a Fusion seat on my sled, currently running the Vert escape which is an awesome seat, but I like the fusion more.. anyone forsee any problems? I can pick the seat up for $150, unfortunatly its in black/blue, so I'd have it recovered in black/red...From what I read in other threads its been done to the Gen I so why not the II?

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Are you planning to change the tank to match the seat, or trying to use a fusion seat with your tank? I have a fusion seat on a gen 1, but I used a dragon tank to attach the front of the seat. The way it's designed, I don't think you could make the seat work without the appropriate tank (fusion/dragon/iq/switchback). The front of the seat attaches at the top and sides of the tank, and the back of the tank provides support for the seat.

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
If I could find the tank for a decent price I would go that route, unless I had to do some heavy modding to make the tank work, in which case I'd scrap the whole project, there's nothing wrong with the seat I have currently, so I can't really justify spending a ton of time trying to put another seat on.

I'd really like to throw on any of the new chassis seats, Fusion/Dragon/IQ/Prox shorty, I like all of them, the prox shorty would be the easiest to work, but finding those seats for a fair price is def not easy, but then again a tank and seat might cost me more...

How was the dragon tank to throw on?

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Mounting the tank was a simple bolt on, just had to drill the holes in the tunnel. The only fitment issue was I had to cut out a little bit at the top of the hood/cowling, and there's a bit of a gap on both sides of the tank.

Most of those style tanks have a big hole in the front for the in-tank fuel pump/fuel gauge assembly. I bought the rubber gasket and bolts from the dealer and used a flat piece of ABS plastic cut to size and drilled it to cap off the big hole, and I drilled a small hole lower down to insert the pick up from my old tank. If you could find a 2007 600 RMK tank, it uses an external fuel pump and has a mechanicl fuel gauge in the gas cap, so it doesn't have the big hole in the front.

I got a dragon tank w/mechanical gauge in the cap for $30 plus $25 shipping on ebay. At that time there were others in that price range, but when I looked earlier, there aren't any right now for a decent price (it changes day to day though).

Last edited:
R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I check ebay, ksl, the swapmeet and a couple other forums daily... hoping to run into something like that, already getting enough flak from the family and friends for wanting to do this swap, want to try and make it as cost effective as possible, my goal is to get everything for a decent price and sell the current seat to help offset the costs, I know the vert esc seat is a somewhat sought after seat.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I paid just as much for an edge tank (for my wife's sled) as I did the dragon tank. If you can find a newer tank for a decent price (fusion, dragon, iq, prox, etc) you might be able to sell your tank for close to the same amount.

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
That is true, didn't even cross my mind to sell the tank, it wouldn't be very much out of pocket to do the swap if I could find everything, however I'm not sure what my seat is worth, I haven't seen any for sale...

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
I have two 99 RMK's and on one I put a fusion seat and the other a IQR seat. I used the stock tank for both. If you want pics, let me know and I will post some up.

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
Yeah, i had to make a mounting bracket. The IQR seat actually went on better. You can just bolt the rear of that seat on and then make a mounting bracket for the front. I will admit, it is not perfect looking. But for what I wanted to do (loose a ton of weight and have a higher seat height) it worked out perfect!!

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
small world for sure.. I have met quite a few people off of this site so far..:D

Premium Features