• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mcbride to Grand Cache

C
Aug 26, 2008
Has anyone or does anyone know somone who has rode from mcbride to grande cache would like to give it a try this year lookin for a little info

P

paulw22

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Cache doesnt get as much snow as you think, once you crossed the Kakwa River going south you would have to have a pretty well planed route. Someone told me the woods road on the Mcbride side to Kakwa is way south of Mcbride. But you could stay at the camp on Kakwa Lake, nice place awesome riding.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Hinton
It's true, the enviro-nazis have a stranglehold on most of Kakwa now. You can see maps of exactly how much atwww.swancitysnowmobileclub.org
Its really too bad that the majority of this area will not be enjoyed by anyone now that much of it is totally inaccessable to anyone unable to hike the very rugged 30+ kms into these areas. But there is supposedly a route from kakwa to Renshaw that is traversable by sled. Me and a friend are plotting a trip this winter. Google earth has recently added high quality images of renshaw all the way to the kakwa/prince goerge trail so there is a route to follow. I would love to try this trip with a fellow snowester!!

W

Wascatch

Nov 26, 2007
Foothills Alberta
+- 65 km west of Mcbride to the Walker Creek Foresctry road. From the highway to the cabins on kakwa lake is 100 km. There is NO route between the Renshaw and Kakwa; horseback only. Been looking for over 15 years :face-icon-small-win.

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
Never say never, as far as kakwa to red deer its been done but is no longer allowed due to enviromental closures. I personaly have droped out of the back side of intersection and onto logging rd's that are very close to rensaw i am pretty confident that there's a way!

mcbride to gc would be easy. ride from gc through the copton and follow the river up to the kakwa lake trail and then from there through to mcbride via walker fsr or if you wanted to break a few rules you could ride the sheep creek vally all the way up to the burn and then out to kakwa lake!

P
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
+- 65 km west of Mcbride to the Walker Creek Foresctry road. From the highway to the cabins on kakwa lake is 100 km. There is NO route between the Renshaw and Kakwa; horseback only. Been looking for over 15 years :face-icon-small-win.

Not true.
Been done.....keep looking.
Would show you but I'm getting old having ridden the Renshaw area going on 28 years now. In those days, moreso than now, SKILL > HP!
PS. Sure is nice to have groomed trails to the alpine unlike days of old.

Premium Features