• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP 154 Upper sprocket bearing failure

Has anyone had their upper bearing fail. I had my dealer swap the upper sprocket from 21T to 19T on my XP 154. On my next ride (in 2' fresh pow) the bearing supporting the upper sprocket failed. I was able to tighten the chain tensioner enough to limp home. My suspicion is the dealer over tightened the chain after the sprocket exchange. Anyone else have this problem? Know what else might have caused this? Also. my dealer claims the bearing is on back order from BRP with no release date available. He said it could be due to a recall?

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I would get the bearing # off of it and go down to a bearing house and get a good bearing to replace it with.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Problem with after market bearing is it will void the factory warranty. I am working with a more reputable dealer and he advised against an after market bearing. They are trying to pull some strings with BRP, sit and wait.

That's crap, the only thing that they can void the warranty on is if the replacement bearing directly causes the failure of another part.

After being told to "sit tight" I called SK NW, the dealership I should have bought my sleds from. They are such a first class operation they used a favor to help me get a bearing. yes they are still on b/o, but SK NW was able to talk to a service tech, explain the situation, and talk him out of one fully warranted. On top of that, they warranted (2) 166 belts for 377's that i didn't buy from them either. These guys are # 1 in the NW because they give a ****. BRP needs more dealerships like SK NW, and should terminate those that just don't care about their customers after the sale. Tomorrow morning I need to call the "other" dealership and explain to them how to accuire a bearing that is on b/o. Needless to say, i will make that extra 2 1/2 hour drive when I snow check my 2009 XP. Sorry for venting, its just frustrating when they got you by the balls.

E
Jan 18, 2008
ski dont

I was thinking hard about snow checking a xp this year. But they sure are having alot of isues with this sled! Maybe bent trailing arms are not so bad Helen. Se ya on top

don't be a hater

escape oregon have you read this months issue of Snowest? The deep powder challenge pretty much sums up the XP. yes, there are a few issues with the xp and can be expected with a first year sled. however the benefits clearly out weigh the down falls. perhaps you should stick with your "old school" escape for another year. when your ready to get out of the flats, step up to the xp, you'll wonder why you waited.

Premium Features