• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 m1000 bogging out(Right Turn)

B
Dec 12, 2007
My 2008 M1000 is bogging out in DEEP Powder only when making right hand turn. Have SlP pipe and can.Another guys sled was doing this on a 2007 M1000 No Mods. Almost like the exhaust is getting clogged up by snow. Anybody else have this pain in the A@S issue. Thanks for any Help

S
Nov 29, 2007
Idaho
Your exactly right, it is the exaust getting plugged by the snow. It is just one of those things that will always piss you off untill your able to build a custom snow deflector for your exaust port hole. Every sled ive owned has had that problem ranging from 99 polaris rmk 700, 2003 polaris edge 800, now to my m1000

G

GONRIDIN

The problem is that exhaust is comming in the be belly pan. Seal the belly pan outlet up tight with ultra black high temp silicone around the canister. It will fix it. Also, if you are runnig to rich, it makes the problem worse. This worked forme per SLP's recomendation. Hope this helps.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I made a big deflector addition and it didn't help a bit. GONRIDIN is right. I used a piece of real thin aluminum with a hole for the outlet to fit throug and shaped it to the hole in the sled. I used 3 small screws to attach it and siliconed the edges for a 100% seal and I haven't had the problem since.

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
I made a big deflector addition and it didn't help a bit. GONRIDIN is right. I used a piece of real thin aluminum with a hole for the outlet to fit throug and shaped it to the hole in the sled. I used 3 small screws to attach it and siliconed the edges for a 100% seal and I haven't had the problem since.

lets see some pics

S
Dec 27, 2007
Redmond, WA
The problem is that exhaust is comming in the be belly pan. Seal the belly pan outlet up tight with ultra black high temp silicone around the canister. It will fix it. Also, if you are runnig to rich, it makes the problem worse. This worked forme per SLP's recomendation. Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any pics of this?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Modify your exhaust and run it out the bottom like all the other sleds. Are you guys having problems with your stock air box? I found this amplifies the exhaust problem as they go hand in hand.

B
Dec 12, 2007
I have a speed works intake. Also have venting on both side panels. I Have a hard time believing that exhaust gases are getting trapped under the hood.Like GONRIDIN said but i try anything to fix this problem.

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
no kiddin...

sealing the hole actually works? pics would be great but i think i have the idea.

my bog has been terrible this year because of all the freshies, i actually flew over the bars last weekend because the bog was so bad it almost stopped the sled running wide open accross a field. i thought i blew a cylinder it stoped so violently.

i have the timbersled intake but still think there are times when she wants more air in but it is hard to tell which orface to troubleshoot.

D
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
I called timbersled a couple weeks ago he said the one he sells is for the M7 only they had made a few for the 1000's but it only helped some did not fix the problem.

Premium Features