• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Performance thoughts from guys who now have their 850's past the 10 hour breakin??

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
So... What are your performance thoughts from guys who have their 850's past the 10 hour breakin? I'm at 5.5 hours and I'm wondering what I have to look forward to after 10 hours. After about 2.5 hours I saw a clear performance jump, but wondering / hoping I'm in for another jump after around 10 hours?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Right around 200 miles. Not sure of hours but I'm past 10. There is a huge difference between the start of break in and after it is completed. Belt deflection and track tension needed adjustment. Still feels a little rich to me. Sled absolutely rips. It's not a "turbo killer" or even huge power over the 800. Power comes on sooner and holds better. I think there is a lot of room for some mods. I'm thinking the single SLP or even a map improvement like what Silber is offering.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Right around 200 miles. Not sure of hours but I'm past 10. There is a huge difference between the start of break in and after it is completed. Belt deflection and track tension needed adjustment. Still feels a little rich to me. Sled absolutely rips. It's not a "turbo killer" or even huge power over the 800. Power comes on sooner and holds better. I think there is a lot of room for some mods. I'm thinking the single SLP or even a map improvement like what Silber is offering.

I don’t think Silbers remote Reflash is working. I ordered the cable to do it with their app. I called a day ahead to let them know I’d be calling the next day they said I could call anytime called back the next day they said they would call me back in 20 minute because they had to unload a UPS truck. I waited two hours for a call back then finally called again they said the app wasn’t working they would call me back. This was last Thursday. I emailed them Saturday and still haven’t heard back. I would usually just chalk it up to them being busy but I have a friend that had a similar experience getting his ECU back from Reflash with their turbo kit. Just a warning I wouldn’t send them your ecu to have it done either unless you don’t plan on riding for a while.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
I don’t think Silbers remote Reflash is working. I ordered the cable to do it with their app. I called a day ahead to let them know I’d be calling the next day they said I could call anytime called back the next day they said they would call me back in 20 minute because they had to unload a UPS truck. I waited two hours for a call back then finally called again they said the app wasn’t working they would call me back. This was last Thursday. I emailed them Saturday and still haven’t heard back. I would usually just chalk it up to them being busy but I have a friend that had a similar experience getting his ECU back from Reflash with their turbo kit. Just a warning I wouldn’t send them your ecu to have it done either unless you don’t plan on riding for a while.

It’s funny you say this Boondockers recent marketing seems to be about customer service. It’s like they see a weakness in silber and are going for the kill or just a coincidence.

I have .2 hours on my 850 and it absolutely rips on the track stand

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
It’s funny you say this Boondockers recent marketing seems to be about customer service. It’s like they see a weakness in silber and are going for the kill or just a coincidence.

I have .2 hours on my 850 and it absolutely rips on the track stand
I find this super ironic because when I did my last turbo the main reason I went silber over BD was his insanely awesome customer service.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO

You need the map improvement along with the rest of the exhaust system:face-icon-small-coo

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
I find this super ironic because when I did my last turbo the main reason I went silber over BD was his insanely awesome customer service.

there was an article in snowest nov. issue about customer service. a lot of the recent instagram stuff is customer servie oriented. with that said, I'd go with silber. the ones I've been around flat out work awesome!

Premium Features