• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RMK Check Engine Light

K
Feb 22, 2016
Belgrade MT
Evening,

I am sure this question has been asked before but I would love some input, I was riding this weekend and at the end of the day I had a weird issue pop up, I had the check engine light come one only when I was on the pipe... whats the deal with this, I cleaned the sensor in the pipe but i cant get a consistent code.

Any of you guys have this happen?

Thanks

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
Yep, TSS (throttle safety switch). You had ice build up in your throttle block and it wasnt letting the throttle push back therefore the TSS was cutting power and causing the check engine light. Clear your throttle block of ice and snow it then you are good to go. I find this happens a lot on a warmer pow day, snow melts cause of the bar warmers and then it freezes up.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
FWIW; My TSS Bypass Jumper can fix that

For more info see this thread;
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408965

It is a great way to troubleshoot TSS malfunctions as well as getting you home when it does what you describe. Just be sure you run a tether, at least while the TSS is bypassed.

The TSS is functionally the same for both the PRO-Ride and the AXYS. My Bypass Jumper works on either one and is a great addition to anyones tool kit (although I prefer to zip tie it to the TSS connector in the Nylon wire connector bag). Very cheap insurance policy for anyone who rides in the back country who wants to be sure they can ride home.

Premium Features