• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker kit for AXYS

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Love the BD kits on my last two Cats, but IMO.....BD more focused on building SXS kits than sleds. Waited on my kit last year forever. Intro'ing a kit at Denver show? It's mid October, for the life of me I don't understand the industry's aftermarket companies that aren't way ahead of the time frame game when we have such a short season to begin with. These kits should be introduced in July......

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Rumor has it that BD will be releasing their kits at the Denver Snow show this weekend. It also sounds like the new kits will make a lot of people super happy :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

Lol, I smell what the Phatious is cooking.
That's awesome.

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
picture.php

http://mwsemailmarketer.com/em/disp...46a81d6c83f1881819ff428163c&S=3373&L=5&N=2230

Last edited by a moderator:

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
So with CB's BD kits, I thought he was doing installs, and then it follows up w Vohk's tuning at the bottom.?? Who all in Colorado is a BD dealer besides Erik and CB?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Love the BD kits on my last two Cats, but IMO.....BD more focused on building SXS kits than sleds. Waited on my kit last year forever. Intro'ing a kit at Denver show? It's mid October, for the life of me I don't understand the industry's aftermarket companies that aren't way ahead of the time frame game when we have such a short season to begin with. These kits should be introduced in July......

You do realize that most manufacturers had to wait to get their sleds just like you did. We converted trail sleds last year to get a leg up but didn't build the final production parts until just recently because they were a few minor changes. You also have to consider they didn't want to release pricing or to many details early on to prevent other manufacturers changing their pricing or components because of it.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What are we suppose to be "super" happy about?

How are they orientating the turbo on the cats like they are and why not go to it in the Pro's?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
What are we suppose to be "super" happy about?

How are they orientating the turbo on the cats like they are and why not go to it in the Pro's?

Oiless turbo... You can mount horizontally. There's benefits to horizontally mounting them on the pro , don't know why they don't do it.

Pretty disappointing kit imo

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What brand? The way they are oiling the turbo now. Doesn't that fill the cavity? So does the orientation matter that much?

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Oiless turbo... You can mount horizontally. There's benefits to horizontally mounting them on the pro , don't know why they don't do it.

Pretty disappointing kit imo

Whats so disappointing about it? My understanding they are just testing this turbo this year and not available to the public, so maybe a different setup next year.

Interesting though that they are putting the turbo that low making the exhaust and charge tubing that much longer, every other kit I've seen has the turbo sitting high right off the stock stinger.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Interesting though that they are putting the turbo that low making the exhaust and charge tubing that much longer, every other kit I've seen has the turbo sitting high right off the stock stinger.

That was one of the first things I noticed. They have been using that orientation since like 2007 with the Dragons. Charge tube side maybe they need some volume they cant pick up in the air box. Its a kit, it all needs to work together. The turbo/exhaust... yeah, that seems pretty long.

Maybe that sound we heard in the Adams video was a MTA? I was hearing they were coming with it this year. Guess I got some bad intel.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Whats so disappointing about it? My understanding they are just testing this turbo this year and not available to the public, so maybe a different setup next year.

That turbo is great , I've been riding one the last 3 seasons.

Iike you said all the piping...on the external waste gate it's almost facing on a negative angle to the flow. On the standard kit the turbo to stinger pipe has 2 different pipes welded together , that don't line up so good.. Why not make it one nice mandrel bent pipe..

Premium Features