• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klotz R-50 Oil

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
For what it's worth---

Klotz R-50 oil will seperate / settle out in the tank in just a few days after having been well mixed @ room temperature. Just by luck caught it in the dyno shop. Was gone for a few days and went in to check something and noticed fuel leak under engine on stand. Found the leak and fixed it. Went to clean up the mess and guess what? Wasn't fuel, mostly oil!!!!!!!!!!
Thought what the hell, looked in dyno gas jug with a light, the oil was laying on the very bottom.
Man did I get lucky. I usually give the jug some good shakes before I start up if I remember, but what about in a sled???!!!!!!!
I'd heard of this 3rd party but had a hard time believing it.
Not now-----------------

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
oil

Yes, 65 degrees inside.

Here's the scenario:
Av gas stored @ cold temps in unheated building.
Oil stored inside / warm.
I put a gallon of gas in a 5 gal. jug, go inside & add all the oil, shake the hell out of it. Go back out & add the rest of the gas & shake again. Back inside overnight in the dyno shop. Next morning shake the hell out of it again before I pour it in the dyno tank.
It definitely seperated / fell out of suspension within a few days after all that.

Back to Dominator. End of story.

Premium Features