• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few questions about my two ski doos

L
Mar 13, 2008
I have a 2006 600 summit sdi and I just bought a 14 600 summit etec. I've been working on the 2006 and I'm having issues with the 06 start up. Dealer seemed a bit perplexed by them when I asked.

Question one: my 06 summit no longer charges the fuel injection system when I pull it over. For awhile it would beep once when I pulled it over, now it doesn't beep at all. That said, it always starts but it takes five or six pulls. I put a charge on the battery, it charged fine and I got a full charge rating from my charger. I was able to start it at -25. I'm just a little leery of taking it anywhere because it's acting so weird.

Question two: I figured the next step is to try a new battery, but the one in it I just bought two years ago, does everybody just get the one ski doo sells or is there a different battery I should be looking at?

Question three: This new etec I just bought and have put all of two miles on...stinks to high heaven. I'm hoping it's just burning off paint and what not cause it's new but I was curious about it because my rev doesn't smell near as bad. I happened to be running both today and it was odd how much worse the new one stunk.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
My guess on the 1st one would be its not pumping up to full fuel pressure untill you pull it over a few times. Enough to prime the system and off you go. The smell that you have could be paint and everything but I bet its that foul Rotax injection oil. That stuff is toxic.

Premium Features