• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOOST IT TURBO 2015 RUSH-AXYS MOUNTAIN COVERSION PROJECT

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
Saw this yesterday
yra2u8at.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Super cool build... I guess we'll see two of these going together!!

BTW... I moved these posts from the other thread... this topic deserves it's own thread!!

Neil has a really nice shop... I'm a bit envious.

IPAD-083-600x448.jpg

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I'll post some similar questions as I did in the HM turbo thread

Are you keeping track of weight taken off?
Weight added?
Are you riveting or structurally bonding the tunnel to the bulkhead?
Belt drive or chain case?
What front end?
Rear suspension?

Basically want to know how close this will be to what I predict a 2016 pro to look like plus a turbo

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Whats your thoughts of the steering post over the engine on the axys vs. The vertikal post on the Pro ?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
These are nice builds and good for them for jumping ahead of the production models next year to get the testing done.
Curious though on the difference in handling in the end. The front is obviously narrower but the side panels look about the same in width as the pro. Probably panel out about the same.
It does look fancy though

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I'll post some similar questions as I did in the HM turbo thread

Are you keeping track of weight taken off?
Weight added?
Are you riveting or structurally bonding the tunnel to the bulkhead?
Belt drive or chain case?
What front end?
Rear suspension?

Basically want to know how close this will be to what I predict a 2016 pro to look like plus a turbo

no not keeping track of weight as they are not worried about that,but this chassi is definitely lighter than the pro.everything is narrower & smaller almost like standing on a dirt bike.

the tunnel is riveted,chain case is integrated into bulkhead so can only use chain case unless major modding,max track 2.5 inch as small chain case.
z bros is using there stock front end to make a jig so they can sell them,they will have the first set of axys 38 inch a-arm.

rear suspention is a 174 racers edge.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Looks awesome. Totally makes the Pro look dated - which sucks because I haven't even pickup up my new one yet lol

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
urehy7y2.jpg

Looks pretty cool. Cant wait to try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Will be riding this sled next week. It's going to take a chopper to get us there, but should be worth it.

image.jpg

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Last night and Saturday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
got to sit on this sled & have a good look at it,when sitting on it the side panels are only about 1-2 inches wider than your knees.the seat i have to say is the most comfy sled seat i have ever sat on & will be a awsum mtn seat.you are farther ahead on this chassi than the pro,but not as far as the doo ,but close to the pro ride.i really like the chassi almost perfect for me,other than it doesnt come with a 4 stroke:face-icon-small-hapgoing to be a fun sled though.:face-icon-small-coo
they have some really cool out of the box things on this kit,intake is very cool but cant post pics, top secret for now.they will be adding a tial turbo to it soon:face-icon-small-sho:nod:

Premium Features