• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shuts off

K
Dec 2, 2013
Boise,Idaho
My 07 800 after riding for a while just shuts off then after a few minutes im able to start it again. any ideas on what this may be? also my head light headlight dose not stay the same brightness it gets bright then dim dont know if that helps much. any ideas would be appreciated

S

Ski-Doosh

Aug 1, 2014
Delta Jct AK
Only thought is that your engine temperature gague is bad and that when the engine gets hot it doesnt circulate coolant through the heat diffusers. Does you overheat light come on and can you feel heat in the rear heat diffuser?

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I'm thinking relay, bad ground, bad connections, volt reg, or stator. I'd swap out the relay, check & dielectric grease all connections & fuses 1st, then test volt reg & stator. Unplugging, greasing & reconnecting elect plugs has cured a lot of issues.

G
Nov 26, 2007
does the 07 still have the carb heater? I would over heat my 05 if the valve got turned open. Maybe not over heat engine but motor would die until it cooled down.

K
Dec 2, 2013
Boise,Idaho
Found it!

After taking it to a local shop they said it was ok to go. After getting up to the parking lot and pulling on it for a hour i had a buddy move the DES tether connection and low and behold fired first pull. Thanks for the help guys!

Premium Features