• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow report from Soapstone / Wolf Creek Pass 12/16

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Took a ride from the Soapstone parking lot off Mirror Lake Hwy over towards Wolf Creek Pass. The photo below was taken on the ridge just to the South of Wolf Creek Pass. It was in a spot out of the exposed wind blown areas and on the north side of the ridge at about 9,700 feet (best case scenario). I dug out the snow in the photo to help paint the picture. The trails are in great shape if your looking to get some miles in. Off the trail is still a little dicey but as you can see in the photo the snow / base has set up nicely to keep the skis about a foot and a half off the ground when going straight vs carving. Carving was putting the ski loop just under the top of the snow. Anyway... All in all with some caution and picking the right spots meadow carving was fairly save and fun. We didn't hit anything in the 40 miles we put on today. By the way I bumped into a group who was over in the Mill Hollow area and they said the snow depth there was a lot less then the Wolf Creek area and North toward Mirror Lake Hwy. hope this helps paint the current picture :)

986f44c7c4ef7ed03d3588cb12683e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6292.jpg

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Glad that helped... I have to work on Thursday otherwise I would. Have fun out there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Not as bad as I fought it would be by your pic. I was up that way last saturday and had a pretty good time. Not great, but better than I was expecting for a "road ride".

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Good to hear things are set up even with 2-2.5ft of total depth. It should be double that depth by Christmas Day.....your welcome:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features