• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro bully dog silber bogging

J

jason leckner

Feb 27, 2008
livingston-helena mt
So I'm getting irritated with my new silber bully dog set up. It bogs out all the time I've tried multiple things they don't work I've adjusted the wastegate way out and adjust with the boost controler. That don't work. My bullydog quit working. But works when I plug it into my computer. I've changed the fuse on the box ugh,,any ideas ??? What else might be up

"Back in Black"

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2008
Aberdeen, Id
Liking my silber kit runs good but I also experience a bog wants to bog down going to full throttle after running on and off throttle in the trees I try to adjust my boost controller but the boost on bullydog monitor doesn't change also wondering on wastegate rod after first ride jam nut came loose where to run that that (like how many threads should be showing behind jam nut) or how to set that where it should be thanks in advance

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Mine bogs too. My bullydog doesnt read boost right either. I also have issues on long pulls that it starts popping and cuts out. Scary when in a tight chute.....im about ready to bring my sled to Cory.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4

B
Jan 21, 2003
I have experienced all of these issues as well. I went down in grams of weight and no more cutting out on wide open pulls and no more bogging in the deep snow. I completely gutted my air box, pulling the air horns out and cutting some pre filters in to the dash area, and gutting the foam out of the factory air intake. As far as the bully dog goes, do what Corey recommended buy switching it from key to batt while the sled is running, mine did not work the first time I plugged it in either(also they are not water proof so make sure you build a waterproof set up for it if you are going to run it) knock on wood the sled rips hard.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Hmmm... less weight? Cory told me to add more weight, as in red, red, red in my clutch weights. I had blue in the heel with reds in the rest, so i only added 1.5 grams. Can't really tell the difference. I also switched to less av gas per Cory's recomendations. Still no difference. My plugs are gapped to 20 thousands. My 'air box' is gutted per turbo installation instructions. My Bully Dog monitor got wet and it was doing strange things. But even dry it doesn't read boost right. I am pulling 9-10 psi on the analog guage but BD reads 1.5 to 4.7 psi. Mostly it stays in the 1 range...lol.
My gut feeling is that my sled is running rich, everywhere. My first ride out I still had my afr hooked up and it was rich at idle, mid and top end compared to what I had it running like with the dobeck. It runs in the high 11's to low 12's pretty much everywhere.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
One thing that sticks out to me is the bogging occurs at roughly the same RPM the power valves should open. Skibreeze's sled acted the same and a new set of plugs and cleaning the powervalves cleared it up. On a track stand look to see if your valves are opening. Skibreezes would flutter open and shut and the rpm's of the sled would follow the opening of the valves.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Yes Cory, it is not normal. Its down right dangerous in some situations. Cory, you can see and hear in the vids what I'm talking about. I will call you today. I am not bashing Silber Turbos by posting these vids, I just want others with the same problem to know that they are not alone and hope we can get this figured out soon.

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
My air box is gutted and the think foam pieces removed. Uhm I messed with the key/batt sevrel times while sled running. Still no luck. Thanks for the input

I Had a little trouble with this too. In my case the screen flashed very briefly and thats all it would do when switching from one to the other. But if it flashes leave it be, leave it running for 10 to 30 seconds and then it turned on and worked fine. This happened with 2 different kits. They know turn on like they are supposed too every time you start the sled. Just something that happened to me, it may not be the case for you but I thought it might help.

Also on one of the machines the first start up showed boost at idle and none of the other sensors seemed to be even close. On the BD had to select the correct model of machine on the bully dog and it loaded info from the SD card and seams to be working fine. Except for the occasional bog when hitting the gas and a pop once in awhile. (Looking forward to more posts) Thanks guys!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
http://youtu.be/yk3N3pQ7SYA
This one shows cutting out on the top of a pull.
It runs at 8200 rpm and coolant temp was 132*.

How much boost are you running? Betting your charge temps are getting pretty hot on that long pull with no IC. Seems like could be Deto maybe try run some more race fuel see if it fixes it.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
If you have a reflashed ecu please do not flow the advice above. It will cost you a motor. The sled fuels for boost based off that sensor. There is no problem I am aware of with the 2014 sleds.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
http://youtu.be/yk3N3pQ7SYA
This one shows cutting out on the top of a pull.
It runs at 8200 rpm and coolant temp was 132*.

This is exactly what is happening with mine aswell..

plugs at 20 thou, 70/30 avgas at 8 lbs boost, 5-7000 ft
77 grams loaded with the tips heavier

on long pulls in 1-2 feet powder intake temps just over 100, coolant around 130 and 8200 rpm.

Aside from this bog is rips and runs smooth in all ranges, AFR is right on too.

Hopefully a simple software update from Silber will fix it up. Can't expect a new program to always be perfect, like having an H&S on your diesel, constant updates..

Premium Features