• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK TURBO

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Installed bigger injectors and new map from Shawn.

This thing ROCKS!!!

I am impressed to say the least.

Thanks again to Shawn and the guys at MTNTK.
Great service and a great product.

Toony

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
MTNTK

I have 800 miles on my MTNTK kit and no probs yet runs smooth, no bogs no pops no nothing!! The maps are getting better all the time. The BD ecu mapping is the **** for this kit!!

P
Sep 27, 2009
How has it worked for you guys running 2stroke oil through the turbo, do they seem to hold up?

I am very interested trying this myself on my silber kit!

Did you do any modification to the stock oilpump? turned the oil ratio up, or locked it in full open position?

How many hoses do you remove from the engine, and how do you tie them together/route them to the turbo?

If someone have a digital copy of your mtntk install instruction, could you please send it to me.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Bringin this back like good crack
Got one on the line at a dealer but it still has original injectors
What'd you guys pay to be setup with bigger injectors and new map? Changed the clutching as well or no with bigger injectors?
Still good still happy through the season? How many miles you guys get on them?

Last edited:
T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Update

Ran All last year and never opened the hood....except to fill the oil.
The Sled has run 100% all year. I put on about 700 miles last year.
No complaints.

The bigger injectors I cant remember the price I paid, I think it was around
250 can.

I will be running it again this year. Love the sled. :rockon:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ran All last year and never opened the hood....except to fill the oil.
The Sled has run 100% all year. I put on about 700 miles last year.
No complaints.

The bigger injectors I cant remember the price I paid, I think it was around
250 can.

I will be running it again this year. Love the sled. :rockon:

Good to hear your results. How much boost @ what elevation are you running? What fuel? How loud is it ( don't like loud )?

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Reading through this thread, i think some people forget that this kit was designed to be a PUMP GAS kit. Built for the majority of alpine riders who want to pull up to the pumps, pull the cord and ride, with a little advantage. I believe it delivers exactly that, for a reasonable cost. For the select group that are into the big pulls and long chutes then this is likely not the set up for you. If you are tuner, then the Vipec is what you want. If you want to just ride, this works great. In the tight trees you can't use that big boost too often IMO. My M8 on 14 lbs would get going so fast in the bush, that it would get me into more trouble than it got me out of. I have ridden the MNTK kit in the trees, and honestly it seemed to be very lineal and smooth, without any burbles or hiccups. Very predictable.
I think that if Polaris was to offer a factory turbo, they would want to offer exactly what this kit delivers, and they will probably use their own ECU to do it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've "pruned" this thread about the MTNTK turbo system and moved the posts related to other control systems to their own thread as it was getting off topic with this discussion.

NO posts have been deleted nor edited.

Please keep this thread clean and ON TOPIC... if you have something to contribute, in a rational way that is about the topic... please post it up. If you have only bashing or boasting to do... please think about it before you post.

If you want to discuss something that is NOT related to this kit... please post it in another thread that IS related to that or start your own thread.

Thanks, MH.

Last edited:

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Will the latest/newest model of this turbo have the capability to run at higher elevations, (9000+) as I understand it the earlier kits did not have the injector and/or clutching for the higher stuff..... Just asking?

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Good to hear your results. How much boost @ what elevation are you running? What fuel? How loud is it ( don't like loud )?

Runnig about 7 lbs. boost. anywhere from 2500 to 9000' is where I have run it at. I use 93 octane premium fuel. Pull the rope and go. :face-icon-small-coo

It is very quiet as well. Just a bit louder than stock. Quieter than all the aftermarket cans.

G

gilmoreb

Nov 23, 2012
I ride this turbo in Colorado every weekend. I unload at 9,400' and go up from there. The small injectors did not work well at this altitude, BUT with the large injectors and updated fuel map, the sled runs great. Very happy and would definitely buy another one from Shawn.

On a side note, his customer service is close to if not the best Ive ever had in the snowmobile industry. You dont mind spending money with an outfit when they back up their products.

My two cents...

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What do you have your boost set at? Just wondering if anyone is turning it up past pump gas

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
The kits now come with new, bigger injectors. Flow tested to ensure consistent fuel delivery. I still think you shouldn't run them over 7 or 8 lbs on pump gas without some sort of air charge cooler. But nice to know they are still improving the quality.

G

gilmoreb

Nov 23, 2012
Im running 8lbs of boost and mix my fuel 50/50 100LL/91 mostly for a cheap insurance policy.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
The kits now come with new, bigger injectors. Flow tested to ensure consistent fuel delivery. I still think you shouldn't run them over 7 or 8 lbs on pump gas without some sort of air charge cooler. But nice to know they are still improving the quality.

I have been looking at installing a Water to Air cooler in my sled. I think the reasoning behind why there isn't one ( REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION) is the 2 stroke oil will not flow though the cooler very well and clog up the cooler eventually. Maybe not, but the oil would not be a mist anymore coming into the engine.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I have been looking at installing a Water to Air cooler in my sled. I think the reasoning behind why there isn't one ( REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION) is the 2 stroke oil will not flow though the cooler very well and clog up the cooler eventually. Maybe not, but the oil would not be a mist anymore coming into the engine.
Your probably correct. It stands to reason, the misted oil would condense in the intercooler.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Why couldn't you reroute the oil return line back into the original oil ports on the case vs. right before the compressor?

How contaminated is the oil after its been through the turbo bearings? I can't see it being that bad if it's being reintroduced right before the turbine compressor wheel.

Could that maybe work? Just thinking out loud for the sake of discussion.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Oil could not be drained to the boost side of the turbo as boost pressure would slow or possibly even stop oil from flowing through the bearings. You dont want positive pressure on the oil drain side of the turbo restricting oil flow.

Premium Features