• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new product release

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Hey guys i wanted to give you guy an inside scoop of a pretty cool fuel box that has been under lock and key for about 9 months.

The prototypes are complete and they are all ready to be realesed. Snowest is the first place to hear about these.

This box is built by bully dog. It is a monitor/gauge style fuel controller.

The difference between this controller is you buy the monitor/gauge assembly. The package comes with all the wires and stuff you need to hook it up. It will monitor all the stock parameters that the stock ecu uses for fueling and ignition correction. Tps,deto (both cylinders), rpm, baro, engine coolant temp, speed, battery voltage, iat, ignition (both cyclinders) injector duty cycle.

This kit is ready for polaris now and others will be coming down the pipe. Doo and Artic cat.

Ok now once you have no purchased the gauge/monitor kit $499.00 us. There is an option to buy an unlock code from bull dog for $200 and we will sell you a map for your setup for $300.

The extra mapping will take us some time to get it all lined up. After a reflash is made for your set up. the mapp will be loaded to a mini SD card and loaded into your stock ecu. Now the map will only work or your ecu. the encryption will be locked to that ecu.

The mnitor package will be able to be used on different sleds but only one at a time. There will be a cost of a new mapp and set up. Unless it is the same year sled, using the same recipe.

Now before everybody goes and freaks out. Every body is still getting there feet under them. We at Turbo Performance have the monitor packages and can get them at any time. Which By itself this is a cool gig. We will need a little time to get all the mapping out to the general public.

Like always feed back is always welcome. As always we are all ears in how you guys feel and what will help you have the best riding experience. :face-icon-small-coo

Give me a call if you have any questions
Turbo performance
801-807-8046
www.turboboys.com
info@turboboyz.com
turboperformance@q.com

bully dog box.jpg

bully dog controller.jpg

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
A few questions that Im sure will come up…

· How does this compare to the Vipec and its abilities
· Will we be able to tune remotely
· Does it auto compensate for altitude change
· Is it strictly plug-n-play?

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
A few questions that Im sure will come up…

· How does this compare to the Vipec and its abilities
· Will we be able to tune remotely
· Does it auto compensate for altitude change
· Is it strictly plug-n-play?

Ok the vipec and bully dog are two different animals. Not to be compared!!

As always when a product comes into a market it tries to find a place to belong. This product has done that and does that very very well. Its placement is right between a full stand alone and a piggy back box. It is full of capabilities and gives the end user confidence that there seld is performing perfect. Just with the data log functions this thing should be of interest to all.

This product is made to give a vendor a way to change the parameters in the stock ecu. Timing, fuel, and all the basic funtions that the stock ecu uses.

So for us the ultimate deal is we hook up with a vendor of a certain product we build a couple differnt mapps along with them and there imput and then they distribute the map as they would like. The mapps become theres and will fit there set ups.

Or if you are a solo guy we take yout setup and build a map directly for custom for you.

An easy way to put it is. it works just like a reflash that you get from your dealer.

There will be a fuel trim table in correction map of about 10% +/-

Remoting in? no there is no capablity to do this yet. because not everyone will have access to the firmware.

auto tune? Every thing that the stock ecu does will still be there. we can just adjust the baro corrections if wanted or needed.

Plug and play? In my mind this means. If i have a product does it plug right into the factory supplied equipment. Yes this does that and is very easy.

Hope this answers you questions.
Call if you need :face-icon-small-win

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Im confused.....does the customer buy this and put it on an already existing turbo kit? What is the $1000 on top of what the turbo kit actually get you? Obviously no company thus far is selling these with there kits right??

I get the idea, and it works awesome in a truck...but fact of the matter is this is another one of those products that is now for sale, or close to, that has a couple units on the snow. No maps or tuning built yet, and the end user will have to live with what he or she has programmed in the box, until a new tune is ready ya? So you have no ability to fix a crappy map or tune if your in the hills?

Please elaborate more on the positives, and the reason to spend another grand on top of what we already pay for turbo kits....

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Also, this is the same Tuner Unit that Bully Dog has been using/producing for years, most of you probably know that it is the same one that H&S uses as well. They are one in the same. What changes have been made for this tuner to use it in a wet snowy environment, because I know the H&S in my truck would absolutely be garbage in wet conditions and would leak like a sieve.

E

elvi

Feb 20, 2008
In the MTNS
Very cool idea. What will it be using for boost reference on turbo sleds? Also will there be the ability to run extra injectors or will that still have to be done with a piggy back box? Also how much testing has been done with installing/ removing the tunes? I remember on the old 7.3 power strokes if you changed around too much it would fry the ECU?

Last edited:

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
A couple questions for Brycter...

So Turbo Performance is promoting and pricing a new fuel controller for boosted sleds and you dont even have a mapp or had one running on the snow yet?

I would think the responsible thing to do is to make sure it works first right?

If its been under lock and key for 9 months you should have a mapp for it, especially if you come on here with pricing like your ready to sell.

ViPec all over again. Wow talk about putting the cart in front of the donkey.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Is there any benefit of the Bully Dog controller on a stock Pro , or maybe minimal mods? Does anyone plan on supporting this?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Is there any benefit of the Bully Dog controller on a stock Pro , or maybe minimal mods? Does anyone plan on supporting this?

We will start working on our stock tune ups shortly, with the release of some carbon fiber accessories.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
A couple questions for Brycter...

So Turbo Performance is promoting and pricing a new fuel controller for boosted sleds and you dont even have a mapp or had one running on the snow yet?

I would think the responsible thing to do is to make sure it works first right?

If its been under lock and key for 9 months you should have a mapp for it, especially if you come on here with pricing like your ready to sell.

ViPec all over again. Wow talk about putting the cart in front of the donkey.

Ok I thought guys would be happy with some cool technology that is coming down the pipe.

The unit will and can monitor all the things you need. Then if wanted you can go for the gusto.

The development of the product has taken this time to develop. There will be alot of more thing coming down the pipe with this product.

In no way was this putting the cart before the horse. Bully dog has been working hard to release this product and it will be to have another level of fueling. There also is no false info in this thread. :face-icon-small-hap

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net

Anytime you look at stock. you have to say they run well. I personally see no reason to install this on a stock sled other than for data logging and monitoring purposes.

This product is made for more an after market capability.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Very cool idea. What will it be using for boost reference on turbo sleds? Also will there be the ability to run extra injectors or will that still have to be done with a piggy back box? Also how much testing has been done with installing/ removing the tunes? I remember on the old 7.3 power strokes if you changed around too much it would fry the ECU?

extra injectors are not yet in the firmware so bigger injectors are the only way to run it right now.

Data logs can be looked at via teamviewer or some other program. But the end user will not be able to make adjustments to the mapping without our help right now. We will be able to extract your map if it is ours and make changes and send you a new map. To install on your sd card.

There are sleds running this box on the snow right now. All the sleds have been watched over very closely with bully dogs input.

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Also, this is the same Tuner Unit that Bully Dog has been using/producing for years, most of you probably know that it is the same one that H&S uses as well. They are one in the same. What changes have been made for this tuner to use it in a wet snowy environment, because I know the H&S in my truck would absolutely be garbage in wet conditions and would leak like a sieve.

The board has been coated with a sub marine coating that will keep all the snow and water from effecting the controller.

The unit ran in a glass of water for a week to make sure it worked correctly under wet conditions.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
It looks like we have ruffled some feathers in the industry. We at Turbo Performance are not going to give you a product that does not work. Or that we have not run through its paces. We did not release the Vipec until it was proven and we had spent alot of time on it. We have only had good experience with the vipec and other products. This product will be the same

Also since we have the expertise on the stand alone. We can talk and answer any question you might have with this product. This will give us a jump start on the working with this box and its features. Others do not have this expertise. Learning to become a tuner takes time and we can tell you why every part we have is the way it is.

I will also say it again. This is not a full stand alone system. It should not be compared apples to apples. The stock ecu limits us in some areas. As for the things you need to be able to adjust to make a sled work correctly it has those things.

Sure there is things that develop as things come. But We are standing up for your needs and helping the manufactures every day get to the next step. :painkiller:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
How about a proactive stance and comparison between the vipec and bullydog units? Put it all out there for people?

Premium Features