• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber and Boondocker Owners Wanted!!! Money Back Guarantee...

C

Cody Phillips Racing

Feb 7, 2012
South Weber, UT
Everyone,

I'm trying to be an advocate to the community. I'm not a riding pro, I'm not a know it all, I haven't been riding sleds for 50 years..........

This video was not intended to showing anything profoundly except, the sled runs, idles, starts easily when warm or cold, pulls nice and crisp through out the throttle range, etc. Many have said that this CAN'T be done with a vipec. I'm out to show that this CAN be on ANY of the major turbo kits out there. And honestly the last thing we need to hear is from the 22 year old peanut gallery..........

Google/Youtube my name, I think my tuning knowledge and ability will speak for itself.......... Now back on topic PLEASE!!!!!!!

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
no bashing here,only a heads up.your sled sounded excatly like mine when idling.sounds like loose piston to cylinder clearance.are you on stock pistons?

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
no bashing here,only a heads up.your sled sounded excatly like mine when idling.sounds like loose piston to cylinder clearance.are you on stock pistons?

????? There has been no problem with idle. The sled has run very well on top end also. It has always had a low to midrange "stumble". Very symptomatic of many of the turbo Pros. We have changed controllers and done different mapping. The Dobek just has not seemed to perform well at those certain parameters on MY sled. Many others have had good luck. I decided to try the Vipec. Gino was very helpful and sent me to Cody. Henceforth I took my sled to Cody and he has busted tail to tune the sled. All this Internet advise is great, and I understand members trying to help, unfortunately it always seems to turn into a big bash feet.

Thanks for the heads up Pus1100. Will heed your advise when that time comes.

Sam

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
All we have done is put our money where our mouth is. Nothing else. We have not bad mouthed anyones products or thrown anyone under the bus. Shoot we even contacted builders of other turbo kits to let them that is what we were doing.

I personally feel that we have given a promo to the market that has never been seen. Alot of the guys that have taken us up on this promo have never had there sled/sleds run correctly for one day. what a shame.:sorry:

We have been giving everything a once over and installing a vipec with our Custom tunning and mapps. We are putting our time, our Money, and our name on the line everytime a customer calls. We have no idea what problems we are going to uncover. Think for a minute. Do you have any idea how big of a disaster this could be if we were not confident in our business? It could bury us overnight.... :jaw:

We are having great success with these sleds, Our turbo kits and the vipecs with our custom tunning. Come along for a ride and we will change your mind.

Turbo Performance and Cody Phillips racing will keep changing the Turbo industry. :yo::face-icon-small-ton

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
????? There has been no problem with idle. The sled has run very well on top end also. It has always had a low to midrange "stumble". Very symptomatic of many of the turbo Pros. We have changed controllers and done different mapping. The Dobek just has not seemed to perform well at those certain parameters on MY sled. Many others have had good luck. I decided to try the Vipec. Gino was very helpful and sent me to Cody. Henceforth I took my sled to Cody and he has busted tail to tune the sled. All this Internet advise is great, and I understand members trying to help, unfortunately it always seems to turn into a big bash feet.

Thanks for the heads up Pus1100. Will heed your advise when that time comes.

Sam

sorry,i did not think fueling issues,it sounds nice and crisp on your videos.i meant piston rattle.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
:face-icon-small-con

you can barely hear the thing and all the video shows is the thing will idle and pull WOT up a hill. tuning in a sled that holds WOT properly is like 5% of your tuning. Im not saying i dont think it runs good, and i know the gopro thing sucks but those videos showed nothing profound...:sorry:

You've been like the fly on the wall in every tread about this product, bad mouthing everytime. Go figure, these guys deliver what they have offered. Vipec is becoming a sucess, face it and move on. Start build something better, or something else constructive.

About ruanbility of the vipec controller, Gino posted like a 10 min video on youtube last spring even with trail riding a turbo at various trottle. You can't have missed that video as you seem to have been all over every tread about this. That video you should have remembered, and cause of that, this post should never been needed.

Last edited:

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
Everyone,

I'm trying to be an advocate to the community. I'm not a riding pro, I'm not a know it all, I haven't been riding sleds for 50 years..........

This video was not intended to showing anything profoundly except, the sled runs, idles, starts easily when warm or cold, pulls nice and crisp through out the throttle range, etc. Many have said that this CAN'T be done with a vipec. I'm out to show that this CAN be on ANY of the major turbo kits out there. And honestly the last thing we need to hear is from the 22 year old peanut gallery..........

Google/Youtube my name, I think my tuning knowledge and ability will speak for itself.......... Now back on topic PLEASE!!!!!!!

Don’t even play into that FOOL'S nonsense...I've slapped him on several other threads as being a wanna-be farking tool.

The first thing I did when I started reading you posts was my due diligence via google...after that I KNEW you knew what the hell you were talking about.

Just pretend he isn’t there and he'll get his Jammies on and go beddy-bies...

Keep up the work...this is game changing stuff for sure. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me is that guys like you and Shane Hart and a a bunch of others do all the hard yards...years of R&D for most of you...and then the big 3 will see that there are a plethora of guys prepared to spend $20k on a sled and corner the turbo market. That is my honest opinion. I made that statement in an earlier thread that the turbo market for 2strk sleds will EXPLODE once you don’t have to sit and push buttons and scratch your head as to why your sled pulled like a SOB 10 minutes ago on the same climb and now is bogging and farting…just way too mind-labor intensive. Once all of that is removed AND a year of track proven, the horse is out of the stables and we’ll all be riding hair-dryers.

LG

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Gino posted like a 10 min video on youtube last spring even with trail riding a turbo at various trottle. You can't have missed that video as you seem to have been all over every tread about this. That video you should have remembered, and cause of that, this post should never been needed.
Too me this is the only video(that i know of) of a perfectly running 2 storke turbo sled in all throttle positions from 0% to 100%, mid throttle,throttle transitions and at elevation where you can clearly hear and view the runability for 14 minutes( the video was 27 minutes but i had to edit to be able to upload).In the video, 3 other sleds are turboed with hm turbo kits(shane himself,levi,jake stewart(mild to wild), and those sleds were tested by more than two dozen people that weekend and all were pleased.
Cody and Turbo performance are offering boondocker and silber turbo an amazing deal and those guys teaming up is great news for the turbo industry.....watchout guys, next week the AC800 and the 1100 Turbo ECU are on the market also !! cody philips racing and turbo performance will be among the first in the industry to put their hands on the ECU and the supply for this season on those 2 ECU is extremely limited(to a couple hundred units) so get in touch with those guys and taste what their knowledge and ECU can offer you while they offer money back guarantee deals....this is an AMAZING DEAL !!

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Too me this is the only video(that i know of) of a perfectly running 2 storke turbo sled in all throttle positions from 0% to 100%, mid throttle,throttle transitions and at elevation where you can clearly hear and view the runability for 14 minutes( the video was 27 minutes but i had to edit to be able to upload).In the video, 3 other sleds are turboed with hm turbo kits(shane himself,levi,jake stewart(mild to wild), and those sleds were tested by more than two dozen people that weekend and all were pleased.
Cody and Turbo performance are offering boondocker and silber turbo an amazing deal and those guys teaming up is great news for the turbo industry.....watchout guys, next week the AC800 and the 1100 Turbo ECU are on the market also !! cody philips racing and turbo performance will be among the first in the industry to put their hands on the ECU and the supply for this season on those 2 ECU is extremely limited(to a couple hundred units) so get in touch with those guys and taste what their knowledge and ECU can offer you while they offer money back guarantee deals....this is an AMAZING DEAL !!

Not doubting your ECU capabilities, but honestly the bottom end sounds worst than ours do with our wimpy Dobeck boxes. Get back on the laptop boys. I wanna see some quick throttle stabs.

Keep up the good work.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Not doubting your ECU capabilities, but honestly the bottom end sounds worst than ours do with our wimpy Dobeck boxes. Get back on the laptop boys. I wanna see some quick throttle stabs.

Keep up the good work.

Justin, your turbo kit is extremely well thought out and very user friendly. You have an incredible alliance in regards to Cory\Boston Racing. He installed the kit on my Pro and did a first class job. He went above and beyond to try and get the mapping and tuning down on the sled, and while it pulled very well on the top, it did have a few issues on the bottom. I was able to ride the sled all year, and while it was reliable and never let me down, I felt there was more to be had. We had a Vohk\Eric Woog installed BD kit to compare it to all year and the Vohk sled was much more compliant regarding low end response. I felt I had exhausted Corys time and felt he had done a great job, but did not want to cause him any more headaches. BTW, he was ALWAYS more than happy to do ANYTHING I asked him, and within contact ANYTIME. He always made me feel like his #1 customer. He STILL is in contact in regards to the sled. Comes a time though where you feel bad for causing more work than should be necessary.

I hope you are able to test and tune with Cory at elevation. I am sure you have your tuning\mapping down for lower elevation, but at our elevation, 10K-13K, my sled anyway, had a few issues. Maybe mine was just an anomoly, but it sure did manifest itself on my sled.

Anyway, Cody is doing a great job dialing the sled and the Vipec adds the possibility of making your turbo kits even better. I wish you the best Justin, and really commend you on your passion regarding the turbo game.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited:

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.

Keep up the good work.

"Sounds worst (sic) than ours?"....EDIT!!! How about "doesn't sound as responsive as ours"...

If I could have managed poking buttons all day to rectify changes in altitude, humidity and ambient air temps...well, I'd probably still be touting turbos. but the simple fact - like the 95th percentile of us schmucks - I cannot, and until that changes, this ECU mapping versus analog input need to happen...be a helper

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
we are riding tommorow. we are going to play with some timing and the old par 910.

make a list of what you want to see and we will get a vid of it

1= justin wants to see the bottom end trottle stabbs
2= ............

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
park that beast in a wheelie and molest the throttle all over the place. WOT is easy, i wanna see flawless transitions in and out of boost under load... its hard to do, lets see what the vipec is made of!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
we are riding tommorow. we are going to play with some timing and the old par 910.

make a list of what you want to see and we will get a vid of it

1= justin wants to see the bottom end trottle stabbs
2= ............

2= I would like to see the par clamped into a 5 min climb and it leaving a black rubber strip on the rocks at the top.

3= Actually what would be cool is if you could set up the camera so we could view any gauges on the dash or bars with a view of were your heading as well, I take it no boost gauge on the par .......yet

Thanks for the post brycter

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I find it funny that some are trying to compare a piggyback box made with $20 worth of radio shack parts to a complete tunable replacement Ecu. This ecu wil revelutionize the turbo industry and I think some are a little scared to admit it. That is not the first silber turbo I have heard that has a tough time tuning in the bottom end. Maybe that's all Internet rumor.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
park that beast in a wheelie and molest the throttle all over the place. WOT is easy, i wanna see flawless transitions in and out of boost under load... its hard to do, lets see what the vipec is made of!

I did that with a Push turbo and a PC-V. Should be a piece of cake for the Vi-pec. And no I don't have video, I have nothing to prove. Just have to take my word for it.

Last edited:
B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
This ecu wil revelutionize the turbo industry .
How do you know this? I personally It would be a lot easer for the tuners set up this system with more feedback going into the ecu, like a MAF or Closed loop A/F. I believe nether of which are doable on this platform. Not saying can not tuned as is. We will know beter at the end of the season for sure

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
How do you know this? I personally It would be a lot easer for the tuners set up this system with more feedback going into the ecu, like a MAF or Closed loop A/F. I believe nether of which are doable on this platform. Not saying can not tuned as is. We will know beter at the end of the season for sure

Because you have a ecu designed to be run with boost. When you piggyback onto the stock system, it might run at one elevation and temp, but as things change the stock ecu will change fuel and timing curves. Then you are fiddling with the box again trying to set it so it runs like it did before. Most people, including me don't have the patience or know how to always fiddle with a box when I could be riding. This Vi-pec, once dialed in, will be a pull and go sled. Once that happens, as was said before, many more people will want boost on their sleds. That will be the game changer. Vi-pec isn't some Johnny come lately fly by night company. Look them up once and see what they have done in the automotive industry. It is proven on the Poo, just can't wait for the Cat one to be released.

Premium Features